Curse you airfix Spitfire!!!

Hi folk's love 'em or hate 'em Airfix's little Spitfires are a quick and painles build and even though we've done them to death I could'nt resist another one

when I saw another boxing on the shelf,it's the Mk1/V issue and I liked the mid-war scheme.An OOB quick build no great weathering except a bit of

graphite gun streak's exhaust etc I finally learned not to make the deep lines worse with a wash! Thank's for popping in.

Oh and 10/10 for those decals Airfix, even used the fuselage band one went on a treat.

DSC00095

DSC00093

DSC00092

DSC00089

DSC00086

DSC00087

DSC00096

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 49

That's very nice and I know what you mean about the addictive quality of the Airfix Spitfire I, I've made around 20 of them. 

One small point, it looks like you've used the Spitfire I oil cooler.

• Like 2

Thank's folk's, to repeat my point the decal sheet is possibly one of their best to date,I'll definitely make the effort to model the BoB scheme offered for

the well known "Observer Corps" presentation Spitfire also in the box.

• Like 1

That's a lovely little Spitfire Steve :).

You're right about the fuselage band; it actually works :o!

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1

Nice, simple and straight forward............................. and it's a Spitfire.

Great job  Steve

As an aside we could have a thread called...." show us your Spitfire collection"

Dick

Working on a Tamiya mk 16

• Like 1

I've never built that Airfix Spitfire, but I see what you mean with 'love 'em or hate 'em'-

heavy panel lines all over, reminiscent of old Matchbox kits or those pre-assembled die casts.

It's a pity as it makes the model look toy-like, despite your great paintjob.

• Like 1

Steve -

Not a Hurricane mate?!

Great workmanship as usual (would not expect anything less from you) and I totally agree with your comment regarding overdoing of panel washes.  I even think the pre shading technique can be overdone on some models.

How about a biplane model next time round?

Regards

Dave

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Epeeman said:

Steve -

Not a Hurricane mate?!

Great workmanship as usual (would not expect anything less from you) and I totally agree with your comment regarding overdoing of panel washes.  I even think the pre shading technique can be overdone on some models.

How about a biplane model next time round?

Regards

Dave

Many thank's Dave,funny enough I've had an Eduard/Revell Roland within an hour or two of finishing off to do for a couple of months now sitting in the

cupboard!

Nice little Spit!

I haven't built one since I was a kid (they don't have enough wings!) but I do have a Mk1a in my stash, may have to dig that out soon.....

Ian

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Darby said:

Cracking paint job in that scale. How about one in foreign users markings or even better; a Seafire? The latter would look good in a photo shop in a mock attack on a Fletcher Class;)

Thank's Darby I did their Mkix in French colour's a year or two back.

SDC13216%20640x480_zpsuzmfrjd3.jpg

Fletcher has moved on she's now with Dave(Spadad) Must be nearly finished by now surely?

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

your Spit is really neat and well painted.

It is true that the panel lines are somewhat deep, but it does not shock me at all. You may be right by not highlighting them though.

A great build no matter what.

JR

• Like 1