Special Duties Lysander cockpit

Ade H

I've had the Eduard/Gavia Lysander sat half-finished for some while because I blindly trusted Eduard's research and built the rear cockpit as instructed apart from some scratchbuilt details.

I was almost ready to close it up when I read a post here, I think, which mentioned the mods made to the SD unit's aircraft. It's too late to scratch them now, so before I resign myself to completing it as a standard version, do any smart chaps here know whether all of the SD planes were converted? If some were not, my vignette idea can go ahead, but I like to be as accurate as I can.

Ade.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Sounds like we are having the same idea.  I too am building the same kit and have closed the fuselage just now. Actually surfing here while the glue dries.

In the book 'we landed by moonlight',  there is a page in the appendix about the mods made to the SOE machines. This details for the rear cockpit a 'smaller radio and a larger floor to hold up to 4 in extreme discomfort'. Using pics on the net I have opened up the top cover behind the gun mount leaving the structure which is actually moulded onto the bottom of the part, deleted the radio and the shelf. There is not much else possible. You can extend the floor but won't see it anyway.  

I have fitted the rear seat as most missions were for 1 agent .

Colin