1/72 MiG-31 Foxhound

Here's my 1/72 Trumpeter MiG-31 for the From Russia With Love GB. You can find the build thread here.

First off, I know, I know, there are a couple of horrific seams! This build was completed as I was in the final months of my PhD, so for me it was something to take my mind of the thesis and help me relax. It was also a chance to test out @HATAKA OFFICIAL paints and some new oil based weathering techniques. Probably not the best way to kick off my first RFI, but I thought I would get the excuses out of the way early ;)

Anyway, to the build itself. I was impressed with the fit and how the kit went together with the one exception of the intakes. Struggled to get the seam sorted out, and in the end I decided not to go too far and lose too much detail. Painting went very well, brush painted @HATAKA OFFICIAL Red Line paints and was very pleased with the finish. I tried out some oil paints for the weathering and was satisfied with the outcome. For me, it looks like a MiG-31 and that's what matters!

With any luck this will be one of my final brush painted kits!

Sorry for the terrible pictures, but hope you enjoy nonetheless! :)

20170811_134856.jpg

20170811_134940.jpg

20170811_134953.jpg

20170811_135052.jpg

20170811_135155.jpg

Edited by Sobby_23
Added Larger Photos
  • Like 15