1/72 Curtiss Wright SNC-1 Falcon Uruguay

Please find posted below my completed model of the Curtiss Wright SNC-1 Falcon in 1/72b y KORA Models, I finally got use my Sierra Scale Decals sheet that I have had in the stash for a very long time.

The kit is of mixed media (i.e: IM Plastic for main details + parts, plus resin details and a vacuum formed canopy x 2 copies - Thank goodness and a decal sheet plus a mask set for the wing walks)

I thoroughly enjoyed building this kit, it requires a lot of patience, dry fitting - but, no fit problems encountered, just a little filler here and there.  I will be building more kits from this range.

I hope you all like it.

20170811_15464220170811_154625

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Killingholme said:

I love it when I have to google an aircraft because I'd never heard of it. 

Cool little model! How did this Kora kit go together? I think injection moulded plastic kits is a new venture for them?

Thank you for your kind comments, I enjoyed building this kit very much.

Yes as I said, it's injection molded plastic + resin details and a vacuum formed canopy.  The kit went together with little fuss, the plastic was attached to the runners with a quite thick ejector(?) pins and a good quality razor saw was used to remove them, the plastic was soft and easy to work with and responded well to being filed to remove the ejector (?) pins from the runners.  The model needed a little filler where the fuselage joins and is easily sanded back with wet wet n dry paper till it's smooth.  I then brush painter with Humbrol 56 in two layers both thinned by dipping my brush in good quality white spirit before putting the paint on.  I recommend this kit for more experienced modeller.  Recently KORA kits have been appearing in this format, previously they were resin offerings.  Hope the above is helpful ?  Regards Colin.

• Thanks 1

Hello, Colin -

Just catching up with your post earlier today.   Great model  you have put together there and yes, I had never heard of this particular aircraft (or Kora models for that matter) until now.   Just a couple of questions -

What markings does this one represent and where did you get hold of your Kora kit from please?

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Colin1967 said:

Please find posted below my completed model of the Curtiss Wright SNC-1 Falcon in 1/72b y KORA Models,

Dear Colin,

Very interesting subject – like Killingholme, I hadn't heard of this plane. Reminds me of a small Texan/Harvard. I wonder if there are other 1/72 kits of it.

Thanks for posting.

Regards,

David

• Like 1

Top stuff!

I had a look too because I was unfamiliar with the aircraft and Kora models

I agree it seems to have a harvard /texan lineage

Thanks for posting.

What's next?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dazey said:

Dear Colin,

Very interesting subject – like Killingholme, I hadn't heard of this plane. Reminds me of a small Texan/Harvard. I wonder if there are other 1/72 kits of it.

RVHP did a resin one.

It only has an accidental resemblance to a Harvard, it's origins are in the Curtiss Wright CW19 via the CW22. The CW21 Demon fighter has similar origins

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 1

Good afternoon gentleman and thank you for your kind comments and interest, much appreciated !

Dave - The decals are for Uruguay around 1945.  I get my kits from Hannant's or direct from www.lfmodels.com - They stock this range and their own.

Martin - Yes, I did and I enjoyed the build.  Thank you very much.

David - Kora models have produced other boxing's of this kit, for Bolivia, China, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Dutch - NEI and USN x 2 decal versions.

RVHP did a resin one and I think there is a vacuum formed one too.

Winenut - Thank you, worth looking at You Tube too, a fantastic video of one being flown by Kermit at Fantasy Flight.  Next on the workbench is a 1/72 Revell Avro Shackleton AEW.2 this is a long term build, I am starting my next project on Monday, probably something form AZUR-FRROM or Special Hobby.  I have plenty of free time at the moment as I am medically retired (Nothing serious) until the end of September at least, so, watch this space.

Best regards to all,

Colin.

• Like 1