Tamiya Color for Polycarbonate

BumbleAnt

Hi,

I have searched the forum but couldn't find this answer, so here goes..

I've purchased some Tamiya Color for Polycarbonate so I can get a pearl effect on a car I'm currently building. Can anyone recommend a suitable lacquer to use on top please? 

Hi fella, 

You do know the Tamiya PC paints are used to paint the insides of clear lexan RC 

car bodies ? I'm not sure they will look that good on a traditional car body as they are normally a thicker type of paint and rubbery. I know alclad make pearl effect paint that's probably more suited to what you are doing.

HTH

Dan 

Hi Dads

Thank you for your response, I was aware of their intended use. I first used this type of paint to use up a can I had left over from my RC days and found the finish was quite good, providing the can is a good distance away from the model and the coats are applied thinly, hence now trying a different colour that I picked up from my LMS.

I will start to explore more suitable paints as my skills with an airbrush improve. I've just started spraying dealer supplied paints, thinned with cellulose thinners having spent a few years dabbling with acrylics and despite my initial fears these are actually easier to use and much easier to clean up afterwards too.