Tamiya Williams Renault FW13B 1/20

Hi

Something that I have been working on for the last 8 months

The decals are from f'artice and the paints are tamiya TS rattle cans and acrylics 

The build has stalled recently when the clear coat has eaten in to the blue decals in some areas :doh:, I'm thinking of just touching up with some paint from zero or gravity colour matched paints whichever I can get shipped to Australia (probably gravity) which I can use on a FW14B that I have in the stash

IMG_0032

IMG_0029

Engine needs a little touch up and I forgot to paint the Renault badge on the engine block

IMG_0027

Tyres almost done, just a scrub with some sandpaper to remove the seems

IMG_0026

Still need to add the rest of the seat belts

IMG_0022

IMG_0023

IMG_0021

IMG_0017

IMG_0015

• Like 1

Superb looking model, it'll look great once completed.

Working on one myself, like yours I've been on and off of it for a while although it's been on the go for at least 5 years now but never put as a WIP thread for some reason.

How did the blue bodywork decalling go on, prior to the clear coat? It looked to tricky for my liking so masked/sprayed the blue and trimmed the edge strips.

Regards

John

• 2 months later...

I ordered a pot of lablatts blue from gravity colours in the US today, only a small order as a test to see if it is worth importing more in the future.

at least I can use it with the FW14B 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The paint arrived 23 of October which was about 11 days (including weekends) transit from the US, not bad.

I can't use it until I get something to clean the airbrush with, then I might do a spoon test comparing the gravity paint with TS-44 and the decals.

IMG_0947