Revell's new 1/32nd Spitfire MkIXc

Evening all :)

The latest off the bench is Revell's new 1/32nd Spitfire MkIXc, which as I'm sure you know follows their release from a few years back of a Spitfire MkII and thus the breakdown of the kits is almost identical.

This was a very pleasurable build and it went together relatively trouble free; the only filling needed was as the wing root fairings where the moulding was slightly short - I've seen this on many other builds and know it wasn't just my kit which has this issue. The simple solution is to add a small plastic card shim to each fairing and smooth it in with Milliput and a wet finger, and the problem is solved in under 10 minutes.

At £25 I thought it fantastic value for money and will definitely be purchasing a few more. 

Decals for this one came from Xtradecal as the code-letters were off colour-wise on the Revell sheet. Paints were from the Xtracolour enamel range and it was finished with a coat of Humrol Matt varnish.

Supermarine Spitfire McIXc, 132 Squadron, RAF Detling, November 1943:

1CQNpyo.jpg?1

nR8zcjh.jpg?1

RsLKjmK.jpg?1

rYdLHDu.jpg?1

7juxKfU.jpg?1

gLk5ql8.jpg?1

lOMIMlK.jpg?1

And alongside the MkIIa which I completed earlier in the year:

jxxP8hM.jpg?1

wgMLWZa.jpg?1

Let's hope Revell keep giving us 1/32nd Spitfires at such reasonable prices - and roll on that P-51D!

Tom

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wow!!! Great modelling!