1/48 - Sud-Aviation SA.316B Alouette III resin kit by Scaleworx - released - new gunship set

Homebee

14 minutes ago, pigsty said:

Well, that's just typical.  Now two manufacturers are making - while the world still sorely needs a 1/48 #.

You must admit that this one is stripped back to the basics though - very minimalist. 

One of the greatest helicopter of all times.

Would be great to have one from, say... well, I don't know, I can't see any of them interested, Hasegawa, Kinetic, GWH...

I would love to build a K-car, one day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gregair said:

Beautiful, will it have the classic "Elephant ears" dust filters?

They're the ones on the box art? If so then yes they're there as etched parts. Seen on the FB page. One of these will be coming to live in Long Eaton.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/scaleworx/photos/a.213911265474889/879749782224364/?type=3&theater

Combo Deal: Purchase SW48-15 Alouette III complete kit and SW48-22 Alouette III 20mm gunship for R1350/94 USD. 
Limited time offer. Excludes shipping. 
Orders via email at [email protected]

43042945.jpg

V.P.

• 1 year later...

Anyone had an Aloutte kit built already?

Although interested to do an Austrian, probably EUFOR version, I am a bit hesitant concerning its steep price....

51 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Anyone had an Aloutte kit built already?

Although interested to do an Austrian, probably EUFOR version, I am a bit hesitant concerning its steep price....

Mine is stalled because of nerve damage but all the major bits fit very well indeed. It is quite comprehensive and pretty detailed although the engine could be enhanced with wire and such (the bit I can't do at the moment).

I did have a small issue getting the superglue to work well. However after soaking overnight in cold water and dishwasher liquid then a light sanding of mating surfaces the problem vanished. Otherwise the resin is just like styrene to work with and the parts are very thin. The hardest bit is trimming the canopy to size, the window frames are barely there and you only get one in the kit. However by taking it slowly and carefully you can get an excellent result as @Bladerunner's model shows.

Yes, it's pricey but IMHO it is fair value for money as it will take longer to build than the same value of plastic kits and you won't see hundreds on display tables. Scaleworx are very helpful with any enquiries as the cherry on the cake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1