Coastal Command Flying Boats mystery

JOCKNEY

Not really a single theme.  Allowing for differences in roles, especially range/endurance, some being older than ones seen as their replacement, and the Knuckleduster as something of an experiment, there isn't really that much overlap.  Perhaps the London and the Stranraer, though a closer look at the specs might bring up differences.  But by then the Ministry would have been looking at building up the industry and the service, so could turn a blind eye to some duplication.  As perhaps with the Bombay and Harrow?

19 hours ago, XV107 said:

...but although my Dutch isn't brilliant, but this looks awfully familiar... from 1934

The above appears to have confused its Singapores and Sarafands, but the translation button suggests that the photograph of the formation is taken from the Sarafand.

Great find!

I would read that as the photograph was taken from the Short Sarafand.  Shame it doesn't appear in the picture as that was a big old beast, powered by six RR Buzzards.

8 hours ago, 71chally said:

Great find!

I would read that as the photograph was taken from the Short Sarafand.  Shame it doesn't appear in the picture as that was a big old beast, powered by six RR Buzzards.

Also really disappointing the Contrail didn't decide to make the Sarafand, which is strange as you would think it would have been right up their street ?