1/72 Lockheed Martin F-16 Mlu Solo Display

Been working on this for several months now on and off and I'm fairly pleased with the result considering I've not done that many models (I not been happy enough to post any of the 4-5 I've done before!). Still learning and (in this case) I didn't prime it so the paint is a bit inconsistent, and I need to try some scribing on my next model since as you can see a lot of the detail has faded. I'm really happy with how the decals ended up though, as I spent ages doing those. Few issues with it that I do know of:

- It's missing the aerial at the front, snapped it off at some point and couldn't find it

- Missing the missiles at the end of the wings. Ironically I'd glued one on and was moving the model out of the kids reach and managed to drop it, and the missile hasn't turned up anywhere yet!

- The rear of the cockpit should have been painted a darker grey, think I'll probably black it out at some point

- Part of the engine assembly should have been orange rather than silver, so I've just trimmed the decals to make it work

I'm sure there's more that's wrong / could be improved, so if anyone has any comments then they'd be welcomed!

35996103790_f61b442f60_b.jpg

36347988236_1862574554_b.jpg

36347984786_3f1758d102_b.jpg

36347989446_deb933eea2_b.jpg

35996103290_eed7fe2588_b.jpg

36392793465_0237f90cee_b.jpg

• Like 7

Looks lush!

Always enjoyed the Dutch F-16 display, the Dutch Air Force have some of the most welcoming and entertaining guys on the display scene - easy to find at any air show, just look for the blond hair, orange tent and hard rock blaring from some big stereos - at least, that was what they were doing last time I saw them!