Finally managed to get my Gonk Droid to a stage where I am happy with him (had a slight nightmare during build that is covered in my build thread, but also a very luck recovery). 

RFI

RFI

RFI

RFI

He still needs a proper display base where he can be with BB8, but for now I'm calling the done.

thanks for looking,

Leigh

• Like 10

Great work -- you can never have too much weathering or chipped paint on any (non Imperial) SW droid, IMO

I never understood why the various model companies that have had SW licenses over the years never put out a set of droid models. And not those tiny Bandai ones, either, but kits large enough to detail properly.

• Like 2

Got to agree Chris, this one from JPG Productions has been a joy to work on and a nice size to learn how to weather (and how not to as well). 

Edited by The Chief Smeg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

Another abused Gonk

Is there any other kind of Gonk!!

Great build Chief and well recovered.  As everyone else love the ring stains on the top.

I don't know why but I would love to see one of these kits in pristine condition as a Racing Team Droid, something along the lines of Gulf or Rothmans colours!  Or is that just me!

• Like 1

To be honest I had considered a mouse droid in the old gulf racing colours from the GT40, but reckoned it would be a lot of difficult masking so gave it up. I should have tried a JPS Special mouse droid!

never thought of a Gonk in racing colours, that would look really good. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

that's really incredible paint and wear and tear work - I love the rusty cup marks on the top of Gonk's gonk!

You want to take a look at the WIP and see what a lucky rescue this was: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235024243-gonk-droid/

i got got a lot of encouragement from the peeps on here too so I feel a great deal of credit is owed to the collective!