- LAVOTCHKINE La 9 - 1/48 - 1950 North Korea

- After a long period of Soviet heavy metal, I wanted something easier and simpler but remaining in the Russian-Soviet sphere, so I elected this kit together with his brother La 11 to be built later, But instead of a trip on a clear water a nice sommer day , I was thrown back to the seventies.....In those days I was a strong and handsome guy. trying to built a very fashionnable short run kit of those days...........And to add a lot more simplicity  I elect to add the whole KOMPLEKT ZIP range for the beast.......So that 's the result....the camo comes from a Yefim GORDON book drawing for a La 11

YJxmRr.jpg[/IMG]

S7yi9r.jpg[/IMG]

usrIlD.jpg[/IMG]

ooHx7B.jpg[/IMG]

2cng8D.jpg[/IMG]

e8Es8A.jpg[/IMG]

XBAzn5.jpg[/IMG]

CwyCec.jpg[/IMG]

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, exdraken said:

Fantastic  paint work!

Do not know a lot about the La 9.....

Which kit is it?

-Gruss Gott mein Freund,

- Really I don't know a lot about La 9 excepted some articles discovered here and there but nothing truly documented. My main knowledge about it comes from the book of Yefim GORDON, " Lavotchkine piston engine fighters"

- By itself ,the kit from Russian or Ukrainian origin is a true short-run product with all what this means about the heavyness of the details, engraved paneling , thickness of the one piece clear canopy,  so and so ,....to make it short , all the caracteristics of the short run kiits of the eighties, the general shape even if once built it looks like an La-9. leads me to use the full range of Komplekt Zip detailing set for an La 9 , inclueding two vacu canopy sets. A decal sheet gives us the choice between 3 possibilities, Russian, Chinese, and North Korean.a small masking foil for the canopy glazing and a rather well furnished photo-etched sheet help detailing for those modellers used to this kind of material;

-It is a real modeller kit..... I wait a bit to built its stable mate La 11.....

CeC4xz.jpg[/IMG]

WldMYq.jpg[/IMG]

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jurek Greinert said:

Interesting camo, Do You have any photos of original Lavotchkin in this scheme?

- I have only a side view drawing in the Yefim GORDON book, the whole scheme is for most a guess work extrapolated from this drawing