This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

harveyb258

Fiat 806gp full-scratchbuild 1:12

Thank you very much, dear Roy! I also made a photo in the Hungarian sun and think we now have a realistic view at the Codognato painting.   Many greetings!   Hannes

Thank you gents. As always, much appreciated.

22 hours ago, Codger said:

The excitement of seeing this in near-final condition causes that wonderful impatience at this stage.

Absolutely, Chas. If only I had five pairs of hands, eh??? I also feel a huge sense of relief and satisfaction to have got to this stage, because my 3 biggest challenges ( bodywork, wheels and grill) are now behind me, putting me firmly back in the comfort zone again.

What next???

Resin to make the tyres should be here tomorrow, so I'll make a start on painting the wheels today.

Then, it'll be time to get re-acquainted with the engine....I haven't looked at it for ages, it's been hibernating in a dark and safe place.

Cheers, H

29 minutes ago, harveyb258 said:

I also feel a huge sense of relief and satisfaction to have got to this stage, because my 3 biggest challenges ( bodywork, wheels and grill) are now behind me, putting me firmly back in the comfort zone again.

This is absolute truth when doing a project the complexity of yours. Yours is compounded because it all came from scratch - none of it existed before. HUGE satisfaction sets in and is why we do this....

Hi guys.

Whilst awaiting the postman for supplies (yet again), I've been loitering online and chanced upon a recent article in Primotipo...

https://primotipo.com/2019/11/22/fiat-806-gp-1927/

Nothing new research-wise, but still makes for an interesting read.

Cheers, H

Sorry to be so slow to respond but as the others have said, it's looking fab.