Fiat 806gp full-scratchbuild 1:12

12 hours ago, Ghost69 said:

I do not tire of admiring your work through your photos. But how do you do to achieve such small things with such precision?

Thank you Manu and welcome.

Making the small things isn't as easy as it once was due to the inevitable aging of the eyes. Good magnification is key...... oh, and a great dollop of patience also helps.

8 hours ago, Codger said:

what he means is 'WORK IN A LARGER SCALE'   :devil:

I will. I'm not sure what the subject will be yet, but will be a minimum of 1:8 scale..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, harveyb258 said:

Je vais. Je ne sais pas encore quel sera le sujet, mais sera au minimum à l'échelle 1: 8 ..... 

Me too.

1/6 is not bad but it's bulky, a lot of material and sometimes too large tube sections.

1/12 is too small, I no longer have my 20-year-old eyes.

I also thought that 1/8 is a good dimension.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, harveyb258 said:

I will. I'm not sure what the subject will be yet, but will be a minimum of 1:8 scale..... 

I suggest something simple for your first try , that your skills can handle -like a

BUGATTI ROYALE !  :)

1932-bugatti-royale-type-41-100433950-h.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Codger said:

I suggest something simple for your first try , that your skills can handle -like a

That would be great
Sorry Chas, no picture visible in your latest post.

Indeed strange as now it does show. Yep, I knew the car. In my young years I once built a model of this automobile (would be indecent to call it a car).

• Haha 1

My late reaction is not my fault! As it seems it takes some days till your posts are visible here in the Hungarian internet, dear Harvey.

Maybe some censorship as it happened very often in the last months?😉

First of all I want to say: Congratulations! You solved the tyre problems very clever And your b/w photos touch me deeply as a nostalgia fan. 

Plaster is needed for sculptural castings and concrete or resin with glass-fibers are also possible solutions for bigger pieces as a supporting material. But your Lego-system works great for small parts. Lego means "play well" and that´s exactly, what you did.

Many greetings!  Hannes

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Codger said:

Indeed, Chas, that is a beautiful monster and would look great on display..... but, I'm afraid it's a bit too posh for me:lol:.

1 hour ago, Hannes said:

Congratulations! You solved the tyre problems very clever And your b/w photos touch me deeply as a nostalgia fan. 

Cheers Hannes. I thought you might enjoy those... I know I did :thumbsup:.

I hope all is going well with the renovations.

Cheers, H

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, harveyb258 said:

Indeed, Chas, that is a beautiful monster and would look great on display..... but, I'm afraid it's a bit too posh for me:lol:.

Simple - follow my lead. Section it, chop the top, jazzy paint and maybe a 16 cylinder tank engine or 12 cylinder Merlin -!

Oh and put Rolls-Royce tail lights on it - after all I put Bugatti tail lights on my Rolls.........:mental:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 10 months later...
19 hours ago, Ghost69 said:

but it's been a long time since there was an update.

Hi Manu.

Due to life getting in the way, I've been away from my bench for a while and subsequently lost interest in all things modelling. So no update to speak of, sorry.

However, the good news is...... my motivation is starting to return, so you can expect an update very soon.

Cheers, H

• Like 8

1 hour ago, harveyb258 said:

However, the good news is...... my motivation is starting to return, so you can expect an update very soon.

That certainly counts as good news indeed. 

• Like 1

Hi H

Glad to read you.
Sometimes life is like that.
I'll wait until you get back on topic.
Your work is fantastic and was a huge inspiration for me to finish my Fiat 806, thanks again.
I also admired many times your formula 1 that you made, beautiful.

Manu

• Thanks 1

Dear Harvey, I know how you feel. In my case there were political reasons and so I left Germany and moved to Hungary in 2019.

Last week I found my unfinished model again in one of the numerous boxes in the attic. In the meantime we had to restore the house we bought and built another small one in our garden. It will be finished at the end of the year and hopefully I will have the time  and can go on with my construction.

I wish you all the best and I´m sure that your slump will vanish and your outstanding model will become a great success!

PS: The PM- function doesn´t work for me on this forum since about a year, that´s why I couldn´t contact you directly.

Hannes

• Like 2

Hello my friend, good to hear that your renovations are nearly completed and can continue  with your 806 soon.

I think the last 18 months have been a little crazy for everybody in some way or another....

27 minutes ago, Hannes said:

PS: The PM- function doesn´t work for me on this forum since about a year

That's strange, I wonder why....?? Maybe Mike might be able to help??

Cheers, H

• Thanks 1

Hi Harvey, I’ve only just discovered your thread and read it end to end. 

a true work of art and master class in doing things properly. 

Although we share the scratchbuilding glorious old beasts thing, I guess we are otherwise diametrically opposite - you’re doing everything properly with metal, hammers and skill, whereas I am sitting in a chair shuffling electrons, even to the point of you being cats and me being dogs!

I wonder what might happen if we collaborated on something if you would consider such a thing? It seems some of things that have been challenging for you are very easy in the digital world, and equally your panel beating is impossible to replicate for me with digital cheating. I’ve been toying with printing resin dollies and dies as well that might be interesting and save a great deal of carving etc. 

just a thought and consider my cap very much doffed sir!

regards

Nick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Nick. Welcome to my madness and thank you for your kind words.

I would love to be able to learn and master the 3D drawing/printing thing, as you did in very short order (bravo, sir), but, sadly, my brain isn't digitally inclined. I guess I'm just an old dinosaur.

4 hours ago, nick said:

I wonder what might happen if we collaborated on something if you would consider such a thing?

Hmmm.... a very interesting proposal indeed, Nick... thank you. In reply, yes I would definitely consider it. Pm me and we'll have a natter...

Cheers, H

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...