Fiat 806gp full-scratchbuild 1:12

This is quickly becoming way better than splendid.

The word that comes to my mind is exquisite.

:)

I have a question relating to soldering with a torch, is the kind of butane kit sold for glazing in cookery suitable for working on tin and brass?

And I promise that's the only time I'll ever mention anything kitchen related!! :D

• Thanks 1

Thanks PC and Nikki!

7 hours ago, nikkita katana said:

I have a question relating to soldering with a torch, is the kind of butane kit sold for glazing in cookery suitable for working on tin and brass?

Hi Nikki. Absolutely!!! I've had many cheap pencil torches, over the years and, quite frankly, they're rubbish imho. They don't last me 2 mins:lol:

I now use the kind you mention. My "crème-brulee" burner can turn a sheet of brass into a puddle, or solder the tiniest of parts with equal ease. Best £7.95 I ever spent!!!:D

Cheers, H

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's mi girl!!!!:lol: It's amazing what you can set fire to when you don't wanna!!:whistle:

I shouldn't really make light of it ( soz, no pun intended) cos I've had 2 fires in the last 3 days. 1st one was pure absentmindedness....I put a ring on (cooker). and forgot to take a towel off...d'oh!!! The next one...well, I was making a cuppa, the kettle had nearly boiled, then we had a power cut. Not to be defeated, I put the water in a pan, lit my camping stove and continued!! Everything was going sweetly, then...WHOOOSH!!!! Gas canister and stove, even though hurriedly separated were both blazing...they both went straight out of the door, then the power came back on!!!!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon to all!

The main block is now complete...PHEW!! That went very smoothly indeed!!!:yahoo:

41620359491_f68dcc4cde_h.jpg

41620360831_e99e7b2621_h.jpg

39813027900_2ef52f0d7b_h.jpg

39813029490_8e2ac8a77a_h.jpg

39813030230_e898826276_h.jpg

39813030820_a5d1d25b53_h.jpg

40910105414_82610bc089_h.jpg

39813037100_8e0b059068_h.jpg

39813038060_ac7ea5a6fe_h.jpg

Well, that's all for now, folks!

Hope you enjoy and thanks for your support!:thumbsup:

Cheers, H

• Like 8

I really like the metallic paints made by Alclad, the metallic powders produced by Uschi, the metal foils and several other products that have brought realistic metal modelling within reach of scale modellers, but in my opinion real metal still looks the best. 

It starts to look busy underneath the to-be bonnet Harvey! 

• Like 4

Thank you all for your kind words! They help to keep the fire burning strongly!!!

I should've had the engine oil-pan to show you today, but, a stupid error in the soldering of the fins meant that 3 days hard work had to be binned!! GRRRR!!:rant:  :wall: Oh well, I won't make THAT mistake again!!:lol:

• Sad 2

Dear Mr. H. ,

I've spent a couple of hours examining your WIP. Had to replace my keyboad twice, because my chin destroyed it when my mouth fell open.

This project is truly a work of art. You make it look so simple, but it's definitely NOT.

I see some amazing scratchbuilding, very cleverly executed steps and SUBLIME craftsmanship !

One would think that seeing your work, would make me crawl in a dark corner and give up modelling forever.

But your project is a GREAT inspiration, that motivates me to go the extra mile on my own projects.

My hat's off to you sir, I stand in awe.

Thank you for sharing this magnificent project.

Sincerely

Pascal

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Drawing 5 is my pattern regarding the color of our 806 .Even if there are some artistic freedoms and some details are not correct I´m convinced that the artist saw the real car , live and in motion .

Because you are about to construct the engine , dear Harvey , I want to point out to a detail . It´s about the branches of the exhaust system . On drawing 5 we can see that they were quadrangular similar to the rest of the exhaust . Protar / Italeri designed round branches , but -as we all know - we can´t trust them at all .

Many greetings !  Hannes

• Like 1