1/72 - North American FJ-2/-3 & -3M Fury by Sword - released - new boxings

Homebee

Sword is to release a family of 1/72nd North American FJ-2/3 Fury kits. 

image.jpg

- ref. SW72107  - North American FJ-2 Fury

Source: http://swordmodels.cz/en/coming-soon/125-sw72107-fj-2fury.html

sw72107-fj-2fury.jpg

- ref. SW72108 - North American FJ-3 Fury

Source: http://swordmodels.cz/en/coming-soon/127-sw72108-fj-3-fury.html

sw72108-fj-3-fury.jpg

- ref.SW72109 - North American FJ-3M Fury

Source: http://swordmodels.cz/en/coming-soon/127-sw72108-fj-3-fury.html

sw72109-fj-3m-fury.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8

Yes, yes, yes, oh, my, yes! Put me down for two! Been waiting for one for sooo long...wonder what this will do for the long ago announced but so far unseen Special Hobby releases? Maybe they will shift their efforts to a new-tool FJ-4!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Callahan said:

I agree that this is a nice announcement, but I have a tendency to like building in sets.

For me it is the last piece in the jigsaw for my Sabre family builds. :).... Too long overdue! Let's hope it's a good one!

Martin

Just to say that this news of these releases has caused a number of threads that must underline the enthusiasm for these types .... It is shame it has taken so long!

Martin

• Like 1

This is a series of aircraft I have been waiting for ever since the Valom FJ-1 came out what seems like years back. I was convinced manufacturers would plug this really significant gap. I'm glad Sword have stepped up- they'll be coming my way certainly.

I think it's fair to say some Sword kits are challenging builds. The Skynight went together well, but the air intakes were VERY strangely engineered and didn't really represent the real thing too well. The P-80s are a nightmare in the same area, with very curious engineering meaning poor fit is almost guaranteed! But let's be fair, these 1950s aircraft with complex faired-in side intakes are quite complex shapes for short-run tooling to deal with. In comparison The Fury sprue shot all looks very sensible. I suspect the 'simple' layout of the FJ Fury will make a much easier build!! 

Bring it on!

Will

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That looks quite nice! It would look good next to the Sabre Hog I just ordered (Special Hobby), but I may wait for Sword to come out with an FJ-4 (please!). Whether I buy one or not, I hope these do well. Always great to see '50's jets being kitted.

Regards,

Jason

Give them time to release this one, suspect also a 4 will be soon but we do already sort of have one.

I hope some one will do white decals for a GSB example.

• Like 1

Let's hope so, Julien, regarding the FJ-4. Speaking of which, just how bad/good is the old Emhar FJ-4? I used to have one, but it was lost quite some time ago. Is it worth picking up again, or should I wait for Sword to release one (it's not like I don't have hundreds of other kits to keep me occupied in the meantime)?

Regards,

Jason