What miniatures did you purchase lately?

Schwarz-Brot

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 3:27 PM, rockpopandchips said:

Picked these two 75mm figures up from the bargain bin at the RDG miniatures stand at the Halifax show today. They should make a great fight display. 

IMG-20200216-212033.jpg

Those look like real nice figures there!!! Where could I buy them?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, German Armour said:

Those look like real nice figures there!!! Where could I buy them?

Some information for you, but if you can get to a show in the UK, they have a great stand and some amazing miniatures to see/buy. 

https://www.rdgminiatures.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Hobby-Store/RDG-Miniatures-457466847988467/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 3:19 AM, Ratch said:

Popped over to the Peterborough Show today and picked up a few bits.
49605013432_661d8c2a87_c.jpg

I saw yours and I thought you may like to see what I bought sometime back,they look similar.these are a soft plastic and I was able to buy them single,just picked out what I liked and the idea is to clean them up repaint where needed and make a small Luna based Dio.I have placed the paint pot next to them for size comparison,really don't know the scale.

Cheers Jim.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

Backed the Planet Apocalypse Boardgame on Kickstarter for the miniatures. Finally it arrived. Miniatures are interesting but of poor quality, so it is already listed for sale. Not sure I'm still excited about the other games from that company I backed for the miniatures. Meeeh.

• Sad 1

I had a bit of a spend up just before Easter,and I was lucky enough to get the last lot yesterday,Most are metal figures(Saga) except for the plastic boxes of Medieval Archers (Conquest Games),Northmen Cavalry (FireForge),and the last are figures I have never painted before,was just browsing the Net and found these at half price(always good),they are one of the best figures I have seen, such good detail,the box art and packaging is great also,they even come with a movement tray,Can't wait to paint these figures.Cheers Jim.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

CMON is among the best producers of tabletop games with miniatures that are not wargames, imho. Pretty crisp and rich in detail for massproduced one-piece figures and very good plastic. Though they tend to reuse poses and pieces of miniatures quite alot. I know because I own a few different games and sometimes they even reuse whole miniatures. Some of the poses of the swordsmen I have also seen in 7 sins :D

But why not - the miniatures are still great and usually their games are pretty good as well. Zombicide for example is a long-time favorite with my ladies.

My latest ebay purchase. I have wanted to try out painting some larger scale figures but have been put of by the cost but I got these very cheep. Galaxy Fraulein Yuna: Ryudia 1/8 scale figure and Ah My Goddess Skuld & Banpei-kun 1:8 scale figure.

Ryudia is going need some heavy duty pins to keep her head on those tiny shoulders....

IMG-20200411-182954.jpg
IMG-20200411-182529.jpg
IMG-20200411-182518.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought the Frostgrave skirmish game rules. Uses 28mm fantasy miniatures of which I have very few unfortunately- and d20 dice. I have lots of warhammer 40k minis but getting to army level is prohibitively expensive and the Kill Team set is a bit expensive for me currently. 

I have also bought a few more miniatures such as skeletons/zombies and the Soldiers set.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...