What miniatures did you purchase lately?

Schwarz-Brot

Being a plane guy I surprised myself by buying a figure to go with my 1/32 Italeri Mirage 111C. I spotted it on another web site I won’t mention in these hallowed halls. It’s a 1/32 French fighter pilot circa the 1960’s modelled in a pose climbing out of the cockpit. From Reedoak Models. Their sculpting looks exceptional on the web so will be curious to see what it looks like in the resin. 

God knows how I will paint it :unsure:

Saw these nice metal figures,so thought why not,From the Warlord figures in the Black Powder range,twelve 28mm Colonial Regiment mixed figures and twelve 28mm HighLanders,all figures are nicely sculptured and the sword hilt on the Scots is a real treat.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Nice figures Jim, whoever sculpts them  knows his/her human anatomy unlike some of their other sculptors. Looking forward to seeing them progress.

Thanks Andy,Know what you mean,I'm not in your league,being new to these figures,but these are nice moulds,I've had some nice metal figures of late,from Tsuba Miniatures ( Empress miniatures) and Claymore Castings,all made in UK.

20 hours ago, Ratch said:

I was only looking at some of their figures yesterday - looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Thanks Ratch,Warlord have just put out some very nice new figures,these are just 2 sets I have bought,I am keen at the moment on painting the War of the Spanish Succession (1701-1714),Like the colours and uniforms,the Scots I think I may paint them in the Jacobite colours of the Highlanders.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Arrived in the post yesterday,these 2 kit sets of figures,Pike & Shotte from WarLord 10 metal figures (Storming Party with Petard) and the other box is WarLord Plastics (Russian Line Infantry) of the Crimean War,with 24 plastic and 4 metal figures,I also bought Wargames Ilustrated and it came with a sprue of 6 more Russian Infantry,so it worked out good value buying this issue.The first time I saw these Russian Infantry,I new I wanted to paint them,they are so "Cute"well you know what I mean?.Cheers.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Excellent choices Jim. The latest(UK) issue of Wargames Illustrated has a sprue of 10 Imperial Romans as a giveaway. Might be worth a look. 

Thanks Andy,I have this one on order,things always come late in this part of the world,I have a plan to use the figures,with these Figures I bought sometime back(pic below)as I say it makes good value if the sprue can be used it's a win win,Cheers.

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I bought these guys.

1606 Dragon British Airborne "Red Devils" (Arnhem 1944)
2755 Verlinden British Paratrooper (WWII)
16025 Alpine Miniatures Italian Paratrooper "Nembo" Division
1603 Dragon German Fallschirmjager (Monte Cassino 1944)
1613 Dragon German Panzer Grenadier (Kharkov 1943)
1614 Dragon German 13th Mountain Troop (Handschar)
1628 Dragon German Jager Fallschirmjager Batallion 500 WWII

• Like 2

20 hours ago, German Armour said:

I bought these guys.

1606 Dragon British Airborne "Red Devils" (Arnhem 1944)
2755 Verlinden British Paratrooper (WWII)
16025 Alpine Miniatures Italian Paratrooper "Nembo" Division
1603 Dragon German Fallschirmjager (Monte Cassino 1944)
1613 Dragon German Panzer Grenadier (Kharkov 1943)
1614 Dragon German 13th Mountain Troop (Handschar)
1628 Dragon German Jager Fallschirmjager  Batallion 500 WWII

Good lot of buying there,that will keep you busy for awhile.Cheers.

• Like 1

That they will sir!

Here are some photos of the verlinden and alpine figure...

u90rcH2m.jpg        5lndGyRm.jpg    UUi8aTvm.jpg                                                                         

BUD21xXl.jpgt3M4ac1m.jpg

4kH6f9Ql.jpg LDJLTeUm.jpg

o1MdKmhl.jpg 7gyUEt8m.jpg

oJPsBD6l.jpg

TfYvR6cm.jpg UmqIPGjm.jpg 

KinfyTwm.jpg Kuf06C2m.jpg AzvFQncm.jpg 

E6AMNolm.jpg nDZlQ1vm.jpg 

Mr16Z5nm.jpgvRXzIYYm.jpg

^ This broke off of  this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^                                                                                 

I'm not sure what this is???

Next post will be the alpine figure...

• Like 3

Here's the alpine figure! It is a great sculpt! The detail is exquisite.

It comes in a really nice package, foam protect the top and bottom from damage.

PPyqYPGl.jpg 

8DNUYVnl.jpgJqTNNE0l.jpg

jxwA26Bl.jpg

fa2P8RQl.jpgY1OM3j4l.jpgiCXoaSil.jpg 

hLwxKorl.jpglM1Mi4am.jpg

5bUom46l.jpg

RQeSRVDl.jpgvKkHbL7l.jpg

Ag66cF7l.jpg9jUy7chl.jpgDIRmcEfl.jpged24rBpl.jpgFN3ldSCl.jpgaVS42qrl.jpggYqrrOwl.jpgAuDaxryl.jpgKzBjduKl.jpg1kxbx0zl.jpgBzIxBual.jpg

I'm highly impressed with the quality of the sculpt! The detail is outstanding!:clap:

• Like 4

Backed this on Kickstarter... Arrived way ahead of the actual game. This is truly a God compared to your typical tabletop miniature. Not sure what to do with it - put it into storage after shocking swmbo.

That's not me nor my picture, just scraped from one of the gen-con blogs. This thing is really that huge. Weight is about 5 kg. Oh my... I can feel the insanity creeping around the corners of my brains!

c4-1533401167321_1280w.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Schwarz-Brot said:

Backed this on Kickstarter... Arrived way ahead of the actual game. This is truly a God compared to your typical tabletop miniature. Not sure what to do with it - put it into storage after shocking swmbo.

That's not me nor my picture, just scraped from one of the gen-con blogs. This thing is really that huge. Weight is about 5 kg. Oh my... I can feel the insanity creeping around the corners of my brains!

c4-1533401167321_1280w.jpg

Cool looking model I want ONE,Cheers.

22 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

Cool looking model I want ONE,Cheers.

Better be quick... Prices are already 2 to 3 times above Kickstarter with the usual auction portals. Which had a hefty 150$ Pricetag.

To be honest, I don't know if I want to keep it. It is huge, I wanted it, quality is good, but the sculpt does not exactly feel right to me. As I said - it was put in storage. Won't become any cheaper any time soon.

• Like 1

Love flicking through this thread. Thanks to all the contributors. Am always one for a bit of nostalgia. Me and my mates used to love playing with soldiers when we were lads. I still have all mine from the 70s.

Id love to have had the amount of choice available now, back then. Used to just have Airfix and then Matchbox. Then I remember coming across some Atlantic figures, Indian regiment used to be a favourite. As a result I still buy random packets of 1/72 scale.

Recently got these Finnish WW2 figures.

2019-08-17_10-01-22

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

That Testudo Formation'll look fantastic when done....

Thanks Vince,I've been spending to much time with my Austrian Landwehrs,to start this one,and I'm also still waiting for the August issue of Wargames Illustrated it has a sprue with some Roman figures I want to add to these in a small dio.

Cheers Jim.

• Like 1