What miniatures did you purchase lately?

Schwarz-Brot

This 75mm beauty popped through my letterbox a couple of Saturdays ago. I haven't started assembling the resin kit yet though.

Later this week maybe.

Sun Tzu_a_800

• Like 3

On 8/25/2018 at 4:21 AM, Schwarz-Brot said:

Impressive and very dynamic model! Though I feel like the rider is looking quite a bit too large compared to the horse.

You might well be right.

Then again, it's a figure of a semi-legendary character riding a 6th Century BC Chinese Pony, not a Late-Medieval European Warhorse.

So I tend to think that the sculptor got it just that bit more right. Of course, I won't know for 100% certain until I finish the assembly and paint him up.

20. Workbench_24-Aug-2018

Hmm, might have to do that bowstring again though....😕....and that's not going to be fun seeing as the bow itself is cast in very thin resin and liable to be pretty brittle.

Wonder if it might be best to try bending a bit of brass rod into a composite bow shape?

The stirrups were a nightmare to attach as well because they're so thin and brittle. As for the arrows that come with the kit - I'll never get them off the casting blocks in one piece.

It's a pet peeve I have with resin kits - and white metal figure kits as well.

Items such as bows, arrows, sword blades, spears, and similar, should be supplied made from a strong but slightly flexible steel. I'd gladly pay a bit more for that.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Cheers

H

Edited by Cadman
  • Like 1

Picked up this to turn into a  1/12 Star Wars dio, joining the world of figure painting is not something I have done so this should be interesting for me and just thinking about painting hair, skin and eyes is giving nightmares. I will also altering the gun, goggles, possibility the helmet and adding a belt and holster,with a bit of luck.

IMG_20180829_143029.jpg&key=60da75a910b5

• Like 2

On 9/4/2018 at 1:01 PM, rockpopandchips said:

£1.99.......😲

IMG_20180904_125634.jpg

Me too! I might even subscribe, there's some sweet freebies if you sign up for enough issues. If they keep the price down- the next one's a fiver, right?- then it could be a real bargain...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, oileanach said:

Me too! I might even subscribe, there's some sweet freebies if you sign up for enough issues. If they keep the price down- the next one's a fiver, right?- then it could be a real bargain...

After issue 4 it's a £32 a month subscription for 4 issues, 80 in total. I'm not up for commiting that sort of cash every month to one subject matter so I'm not subscribing but its got me going back into the GW shop!😵

• Like 1

I got all nostalgic and picked these up last weekend...

47RoninSets.jpg

Tamiya's 1/35 Samurai figures (a set of 4 and a set of 8 ) depicting some of the figures from the '47 Ronin' story.

As usual, I couldn't resist making a start, so primed the Oishi figure and painted the Magari Yari (Trident Spear) as an exercise to see whether I could paint the small kanji required for the scroll. Hopefully I can also paint the fabric print patterns, kanji and house symbols on the figures, which will be a laborious task but hopefully satisfying in the end.

Oishi1.jpg

I built and painted these figures many years ago (and rather poorly, if I recall) and thought it would be fun to 're-visit' them

Kev

Edited by modelman182
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, rockpopandchips said:

I would like to see the WIP on this.......how small!

I'll see what I can do for you, RPAC. I'm not famous for being good at taking progress pics, but they say that one can teach an old dog new tricks, so maybe I should try harder! 😉

Kev

• Like 2

Picked up these 15 plastic figures at a flea- market on the weekend for a few dollars,think they are a mix from Airfix kits,the scale I think is 1/32,they are a little rough around the edges,and the plastic is very soft,have to be careful when cleaning up seams,I have a pic of one finished,as you can see they come up OK.Cheers.

tn_1d521254-f511-4d3f-ae2e-9258125f7349.tn_46561c7f-db7f-4340-ab8f-e2bbdaf9d4c0.

Edited by Jim Wasley
phots added
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Pilgrim_UK said:

@rockpopandchips

Is that really 1/24. Just wondering If I could get away with it at 1/20 as most of my Votoms are 1/20. (The rest are 1/35)

@Pilgrim_UK

She is definitely to small. The other figure was a 1/20 Ma.K and the the Votoms head part. She might be closer to 1/35 now that I think about it. 

IMG_20180928_213624.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...