Airfix 2018

old thumper

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon 

I guess that tomorrow evening we'll  know more about the 2018 Airfix products ..

Best regards

Patrice

I suspect we won't - Workbench suggests that there will be no big reveal, and there has been no tease in the lead up either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Fleming said:

and there has been no tease in the lead up either.

Wotabout the Camel and Typhoon on the  Airfix calendar? People have been working themselves up in a tizz about those.

Trevor

7 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Bit disappointed no announcement, they could have saved the Wimpey or Blenheim for SMW....unless all of a sudden something will be unveiled tomorrow - if not seems a shame to break their tradition! That said they have had a presentation in one of the suites showing behind the scenes etc and don't appear to be doing one this year so maybe its all a big reflection of HH woes and the downscaling because of them.

TT

I'd be slightly disappointed if there's no new kit announcement too, but I'd be more than satisfied with the Wellington and the Blenheim if they were accompanied by a Victor K2 and Phantom FGR2  in 2018 - both of which must be planned for release sometime.

Could happen.

Rich

Edited by RichG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

I suspect we won't - Workbench suggests that there will be no big reveal, and there has been no tease in the lead up either.

Good evening Dave

Whatever Airfix will announce or not tomorrow I have plenty Arifix kits in my stash I will buy the B25 Mitchell I plan to build it next year as well as the Wildcat

Best regards

Patrice

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

Wotabout the Camel and Typhoon on the  Airfix calendar? People have been working themselves up in a tizz about those.

Trevor

A classic case of putting two and two together and getting five? There was absolutely no basis for assuming new models of same - unless perhaps in people's fevered imaginations. I think they have been working themselves up over nothing. I could be wrong of course but, Airfix has not specifically stated there will be any sort of announcement tomorrow.

Allan

• Like 1

The clues have all been there if you look in a 'Ted Rodgers 321 game show style'...

Three of the main roads going to the Telford show are the M54, the A5 and the A442,.. 

..add up all the fours and you get 12... add the 5's and the 2 and you get 12...a Squadron maybe?....

...then there's the event itself - could be described as a sort of modeller's 'heaven'?....

...well 'heaven' rhymes with Devon. Telfords's not in Devon, but Paignton is....

....and Paignton is 208 miles from Telford.....       208,...another Squadron?....

....then there's Telford itself,.... Telford begins with a 'T' and 'T' rhymes with 'C'....

.....the scurge of the Sea are Pirates......

....and another name for a pirate might be a .......B********?..

I can totally see where the expectations arose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 21
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, bobsyouruncle said:

The clues have all been there if you look in a 'Ted Rodgers 321 game show style'...

Three of the main roads going to the Telford show are the M54, the A5 and the A442,.. 

..add up all the fours and you get 12... add the 5's and the 2 and you get 12...a Squadron maybe?....

...then there's the event itself - could be described as a sort of modeller's 'heaven'?....

...well 'heaven' rhymes with Devon. Telfords's not in Devon, but Paignton is....

....and Paignton is 208 miles from Telford.....       208,...another Squadron?....

....then there's Telford itself,.... Telford begins with a 'T' and 'T' rhymes with 'C'....

.....the scurge of the Sea are Pirates......

....and another name for a pirate might be a .......B********?..

I can totally see where the expectations arose.

Maybe we get a 1/24 RC135W Airseeker or did i do the math wrong:worry:

5 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Trevor

Yes but, yes but. I saw the same thing, It's new Camel artwork. Iconic British. The Camel is the WW1 Spitfire. As for the Typhoon. Well it's the modern Spitfire. 

I want both Let's be honest don't we all?

• Haha 1

Er, is the Phantom kit going to have the option of not having the nose leg extended?  All the artwork, CADS and now built up kit pics I've seen have it in the extended position.   

On 07/11/2017 at 5:22 PM, Beard said:

The Blenheim IV bomber is due for release in December this year.

I'd like to see a Beaufighter I. It would be a straightforward conversion as it only needs a different tailplane, engine cowlings and exhausts and, front canopy (I think the MkI observer's canopy is already included.

The other three are well overdue a remould, and would fit in with Airfix's other RAF early WW2 planes. Whether they'd sell or not I don't know, I only know that I'd buy a few of each.

I think some fabric-winged Hurricances served in the Battle of Britain. (I'm sure some-one will confirm this, of prove me wrong.)

My apologies I didn’t realise that Airfix were releasing a bomber version of the Mk IV

On 07/11/2017 at 9:16 AM, Denford said:

In the past Airfix have 'always' offered

1) A Jet Aircraft

2) A Luftwaffe subject

1+2 = Ar234?  Hope so but I feel a Me 410 is more likely

3) US type: yes, you list a Hudson

4) Something from the Cold War

For my part I confidently predict a P-51 / Me 262 Dogfight Double.

Nothing in 1/24

An Ar234 could work in 1/72  and revell could beat Airfix releasing it first.The only one I know of in this scale is the dragon one? 

7 minutes ago, gruffy said:

An Ar234 could work in 1/72  and revell could beat Airfix releasing it first.The only one I know of in this scale is the dragon one? 

Both Frog and Lindberg did one

20 minutes ago, Charlie Hugo said:

Both Frog and Lindberg did one

I remember the FROG kit. It was a pretty decent if basic kit and, gave the option of either twin or four engine variants. Bought a few back in 1976 - not long before FROG went out of business. It was reboxed by Revell at some point

Allan

I will be more interested in what Airfix say about their future at Telford.

With the poor performance of the Hornby Group and the new CEO people should be looking for Airfix's strategy for the next five years.

MAY I ASK anyone talking to Airfix to ask what they have in store in the future.