Airfix 1/72 Lightning F.2A

Very nice work, Andy! That's a superb rendition, and I really like the tonal variations on the belly tank and in the dark green. It's not easy to create a realistic monotone finish on a model, but you've done it. Thanks for sharing - now I have to get my copy of this kit out of the stash and have a go at it.   :) 

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

I don't visit the wingy thing pages very often, but the title of this caught my eye and I took a look. Glad I did. That has got to be one of the best renditions of a Lightning that I've ever seen. Absolutely superb paint job. Nice one.

John.

• Like 1

Oh wow,  I have honestly just made an audible uuunnnggghhhh sound as I saw your Lightning - that is one stunning model, an absolute work of art, perfectly framed and captured.

Absolutely beautiful to look at, well done Andy.

Phil

• Like 1

Outstanding build!!!

Congrats

JR

• Like 1

That's just superb in every way possible. It's just amazing what's being built and displayed on BM lately with the overall workmanship up there with the very best. 

Everyone loves a well built Frightening and this one sits high up on the pecking order. I salute you with a couple of 'we are not worthy' bows!! 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning, the tonal variation on the green surfaces is second to none, the weathering is perfect, amazing work indeed!

I will be saving these pictures as reference material!

Rich

Edited by Rich G
  • Like 1

Oh my word.  If I didn't know better I'd swear this was the Airfix 1/48th kit.  An absolutely stunning rendition.  The paintwork is superb. 

• Like 1