Revell 1/48 Messerschmitt Me 410B-2/U4 Kit #5841

Hello Chaps,

This is my 4th and final post that will have me caught up with the builds that I couldn't post on here due to the "Photobucket Saga".

Anyway, this one is the 2000 Revell re-boxing of a 1997 Revell/Monogram mold and comes with a nicely detailed cockpit and recessed panel lines.

It goes together really well, was a pleasure to build and is a nice representation of the Me 410 and the decals went down really well without issues.

There are some fiddly bits inside the cockpit that might be too fiddly for a beginner, but I'd imagine that anyone with half a dozen kit builds under their belt could handle it.

I built this straight out of the box except for the addition of seat-belts which I made from wine bottle foil.

So, I'm not going to say anything more about it except that if you have one in your stash and have been thinking about building it, you should enjoy it when you get around to it.

I hope you like the following images as much as I liked building her....

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: airplane

Image may contain: airplane and shoes

Image may contain: airplane and shoes

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

So there she is and if you'd like to see how I built this model here are my YouTube "Build Update" and "Final Reveal" videos:

Build Update #1 Video Link:

Build Update #2 Video Link:  

Final Reveal Video Link: 

Thanks in advance for taking a look and leaving comments, much appreciated!

Until my next build; the Airfix 1/24 Hawker Typhoon Mk.1B "Bubble Top" version, happy modeling and have fun!

Cheers, :drink::drink:

Martin :)

• Like 27

Wow, what a stunner! Can't fault it and your photography sets it off perfectly.

This is the sort of end result I hope for when I start a kit, maybe one day.

On 8/1/2017 at 9:32 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

UKGUY, quick question about the paint? Is it a very washed out splinter scheme ? Or is it a take on the RLM 74/75/76 patterns that just looks like a splinter scheme? Either way it looks very good 👍. 

CFFU...it's a full splinter camo scheme in the RLM colors you've outlined, but, when I look at photos of these warbirds, the upper camo colors appear to not have a stark defined contrast, they almost look muted and blended. So, as I always do when I paint my models, I never airbrush paint colors straight from the bottle, I always tone them down, then after putting down a base color, I tone them further to add highlights. At the weathering stage, I will sometimes apply oil filters to mute the colors further. If you take a look at this image of a Me 410 in a museum, you can just make out the demarcation edges of the two camo colors, just behind the starboard side engine, but the two colors are muted and look almost blended;

VGA_ME-410_1.JPG

Cheers :)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UKguyInUSA said:

the upper camo colors appear to not have a stark defined contrast, they almost look muted and blended

UKGUY ... thats why i got confused. I always had the same take on the Mid-Late war schemes being more blended. It just looked as if your scheme had a harder edge to it. But the more i look at it after reading your description i can see it blends better than i originally realized. Again great work 👍 ! 

• Like 1