I CAN NOT CORRECT THE CONTENT OF A POST ONCE EDITED

Hello everyone, 
My apologies, but I have a new problem with the forum, it is that once edited a post in which I have seen something that was not correct, for example, a word / s, when saved, it continues as it was, without Correction.
The DEL key does not work on the wrong content, once marked ...
Cheers mates :huh:

Can you confirm that you are going to the post, clicking the Edit option, and then re-typing/amending any errant words, before clicking Edit Post to save your edits?  If not, that's the way to do it (as Punch would say).  If you are doing it that way and the changes aren't taking, I think I have a testing account somewhere called Test Mike that I could dig out and try to replicate the issue.  Being a Mod, I can edit everyone & everything, so issues like that don't usually affect me.  I'll try editing this spelling mistake (it worked!) once I've posted though, just to see if it's a problem system-wide.

I'd suggest you reboot your PC in the meantime, just in case it's an error your end :)

Doesn't affect me... over to you :)

Edited by Mike
Cos I said I would
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Can you confirm that you are going to the post, clicking the Edit option, and then re-typing/amending any errant words, before clicking Edit Post to save your edits?  If not, that's the way to do it (as Punch would say).  If you are doing it that way and the changes aren't taking, I think I have a testing account somewhere called Test Mike that I could dig out and try to replicate the issue.  Being a Mod, I can edit everyone & everything, so issues like that don't usually affect me.  I'll try editing this spelling mistake (it worked!) once I've posted though, just to see if it's a problem system-wide.

I'd suggest you reboot your PC in the meantime, just in case it's an error your end :)

Doesn't affect me... over to you :)

Hi MIke, sorry for the delay in reply.

What happened to me is that I wrote a reply to a post, once I was in agreement with what I wrote, I gave a button to SUBMIT REPLY, then it was published normally, but I realized that I had made a mistake in the text, and like others sometimes, I hit the EDIT button, but when I tried to erase the wrong text, I could not with the DEL key, but with BACKSPACE, then I changed to the correct text, and ended with the EDIT TOPIC button, OK, but when reading from New, the error is exactly the same ...

It had never happened before. I tried with Chrome and IE (by the way, this last one gives errors in the pages, with stripes that usually coincide with the avatar of the member...), but in both of them it happened to me.

Now I have tried with this post, and seems to work everything OK ...Sorry for the inconvenience

I really like the new "I LIKE", more explicit, more colorful, and more enjoyable.

Cheers Mike

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

Looks like I need to dig out Test Mike.  I hope I can remember the password! :hmmm:

Is anyone else affected with this?  Please chime in if there are :)

Francis, could you just test the functionality of your DEL key outside the browser please?  Also, could you tell me when it was that you tried to edit this post?  Have you tried again since?  It might have been during the update period so could have been a bit "twitchy". :drunk:

Here I am in my cunningly disguised alter-ego that I use to create havoc and confusion within my own forum :ninja:

...and now, for a couple of typos.  Skeleton. Trampoline.  Guardian.

Seems I can edit my own topics even as a standard member.  Francis - can you replicate the error now, or not?  If not, I think we might just sweep this under the carpet as a transitional error due to the upgrade.

Edited by Mike's Test Member
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike's Test Member said:

Here I am in my cunningly disguised alter-ego that I use to create havoc and confusion within my own forum :ninja:

...and now, for a couple of typos.  Skeleton. Trampoline.  Guardian.

Seems I can edit my own topics even as a standard member.  Francis - can you replicate the error now, or not?  If not, I think we might just sweep this under the carpet as a transitional error due to the upgrade.

I've just friended you! 

As a newbie I'd encourage you to introduce yourself in the new members section. Most here are quite friendly. The boss here is on the whole a top bloke.

All the best 

Brian

• Like 1

HI MIke, 

I tried the DEL key outside of the browser, it could be wrong the keyboard, and it seems to work fine as always, I tried with another topic, and as I comment a little higher, it has not happened to me again, as you say, I'm almost sure which is coincident with the Upgrade and consequent of that ...

The error is in the last response of the topic, I meant "is it normal to gentleman's parts?",but something else has come out, like "... gentelman @3 # ..." is erased, and I change the text, but it returns to appear as he was ....?

Thank you very much for your time and interest, cheers MIke :yes:

Edited by FrancisGL