1/48 - McDD F-4 Phantom II family by Zoukei Mura - F-4E/EJ/EJ-Kai and G released - RF-4B/C/E in the pipe line & F-4E (late) in April-May 2024

Homebee

I just came across this ad in the latest issue (May 2020) of Model Airplane International -- finally! Looking forward to this even more than as the FineMolds F-4EJ. 

ZM will have seven  long nose variants: F-4 Early (hardwing) and Late (slats); F-4EJ and EJ Kai; F-4F and F ICE; and G.spacer.png

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
Cannot edit the justification of second line.
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Early F-4E means you could reproduce one of the Thunderbirds display planes!

Absolutely -- they put on an awesome show that was very loud and very visible (big airplanes).

With the announced line up ZM has, there will be untold possibilities for markings.

As an aside, I thought this much anticipated announcement would be greeted with more enthusiasm and fanfare.  

Gene K 

Ah, so ZM completed (or is going to complete) the family! :thumbsup:

Time to check your archives, Gene, and dig out any references on your F-4E mounts ...

No hurry though :winkgrin: 

Ciao

I'm certainly curious to see what they'll come up with but honestly, those texts make for a raised eyebrow or three.

That said: I'm in for a TISEO bird.

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

...  but honestly, those texts make for a raised eyebrow or three.

I need to re-read that ... other than the long burner can / starter cart association, and the slanted outer pylon "discovery",  what eyebrow or three did you find?

Thanks.

A really nice RF-4C and RF-4E would be welcome!

Really, SAT69! I have some ancient 1/48 resin conversion pieces, but will be tied up for a long time with all the other ZM versions coming first ( or later ...?).

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

9 hours ago, Gene K said:

other than the long burner can / starter cart association, and the slanted outer pylon "discovery"

#6 'bend in the outer wing leading edges'.
Just worried they might pick one specific airframe's peculiarity (fair enough for those specific markings) and apply it to all.
Bit like the whole reinforcing plate discussion on Spey phantoms.

7 hours ago, Laurent said:

It seems to me they reworked the rear fuselage cross-section... well at least the builder did: faded panel lines in the area. Their F-4D looked like this.

Well that's what they said they were going to do, so hopefully it's not the builder.

Good old Betty Lou again, sort of like the Tamiya but with correctly scaled jetpipes.

It would be so good if ZM also do these in 1/32nd scale, especially the follow-on slatted E and Weasel G.

Tony

15 hours ago, Shaun said:

Anybody now the release dates for the whole range of long nose Phantoms?

Maybe time to retire my Hasegawa kits?

Nah. I'm keeping my Hasegawa kits. They'll be a nice "palate cleanser" to the more complex ZM kits. And the Hasegawa kits still look decent after all these years.

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have 2 E's to build, and none in the stash...

713 (Yeager's last AF ride),

and an ALCM chase plane, both of which, I worked, in another life.

But the one I really want is the RF-4C (744)- My favorite F-4

My pic-1982

spacer.png

said to be the fastest F-4 (fastest nose, gloss paint, no pylons/tanks, and tweaked engines.

I have the brand new, yet to be released, set of Caracal  "F-4 "Edwards Test Phantoms""  (CD48162)  decals are on backorder at Hannants (coming soon).

So come on Z-M, get me, at least, an E that I can spend some money on!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Good Sergeant said:

House of Phantoms reports that Zoukei-Mura will produce seven variants

And where does one find a "House of Phantoms"?

Ooops, just found it.

Edited by baldwin8
correction

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Release F-4E (early): August 29th, 2020

New rear fuselage or not? that's the question.

main01.jpg

main01.jpg

main05.jpg

main04-1.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/SAMEditor1/posts/3068947396553578

House of Phantoms, Wingman Models, Double Ugly Books

teSSpiJounrfnseoglre o19d

· 

Dear phellow Phantom Enthusiasts!

It's Phantom Phriday and today we like to bring to your attention Zoukei-Moura's new brand new 1/48 F-4E.

This kit represents F-4E 67-0308 "Betty Lou" of the 469st TFS / 388 TFW at Korat RTAB/Thailand, during September 1969.

The 3D design of the kit was done using original McDonnell Douglas blue prints - Zoukei-Mura's SWS Team got the shape of the fuselage absolutely right this time.

We had the privilege to design the decal set for this particular boxing. Thank you to Zoukei-Mura for this opportunity.

The quality of this highly detailed kit is simply amazing. It features finest panel lines and all of the visible rivets are where they belong - WELL DONE!

Of course, we will sell this kit in our shop as soon as it is released ...

Stay safe and happy Phantom building!

Andreas

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

4 hours ago, Homebee said:

Release F-4E (early): August 29th, 2020

New rear fuselage or not? that's the question.

Definitely looks to be a more accurate rendition to me! (Based on those photos anyway.....)