1/48 - McDD F-4 Phantom II family by Zoukei Mura - F-4E/EJ/EJ-Kai and G released - RF-4B/C/E in the pipe line & F-4E (late) in April-May 2024

Homebee

19 hours ago, Motty said:

For those who may be interested, it looks like everything you need to make a slatted F-4E is included in the F-4G kit, other than the relevant cockpit parts.

I thought as much when I first viewed the ZM parts, however it is not the case.  ZM have modified the forward fuselage so that it is unique F-4G in details. With the deletion of the M61 cannon in the F-4G, the gun vents on each side were eliminated as well, and ZM has captured this detail. In addition, there are some small antennas arrayed around the nose that are unique to the F-4G.  

Unfortunately, to add those vents back on the F-4G to make an F-4E will not be a simple operation.  Maybe not impossible for some modelers, but not simple for the rest of us!  Until then we are left with ‘swapping’ the wing from the G to the fuselage of the ‘early’ E to make an F-4E with slat wing retrofitted.

Best wishes!

On 9/17/2022 at 11:18 PM, MarcV said:

Had to check where Lusatania was - thought it was a ship.

Your comment made me laugh, my friend!  The ship was named for the place, the name given to the place by our Roman ancestors.

Best wishes!

Edited by Lusitanian

13 hours ago, Lusitanian said:

Your comment made me laugh, my friend!  The ship was named for the place, the name given to the place by our Roman ancestors.

Best wishes!

And best wishes to you - I live and learn.

Marc.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 5:50 AM, Lusitanian said:

Until then we are left with ‘swapping’ the wing from the G to the fuselage of the ‘early’ E to make an F-4E with slat wing retrofitted.

I'll wait for the regular Late E slat wing edition (ZM showed CAD for that eons ago)

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - McDD F-4 Phantom II family by Zoukei Mura - F-4E/EJ/EJ-Kai and G released
On 10/4/2022 at 12:50 PM, Lusitanian said:

Until then we are left with ‘swapping’ the wing from the G to the fuselage of the ‘early’ E to make an F-4E with slat wing retrofitted.

...or get the slat wing conversion set. ;)

J

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0UH6VBNF7VZKcxZPcNqqw5kf7MyuSXgtxgRQHH8qGByZWdueoXzyUS721ZiGbmHPml&id=100064040172052

We have a shipping notification from the printers!!

Early Weasels is en route now. I'd like to think that later this week or early next, i'll be able to turn on the links and we'll get to shipping these Weasels out for your new ZM masterpiece!!

www.reidairpublishing.com

324184734-509010534546540-17856792724251

V.P.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pajarito said:

And why the "City of Victorville", precisely, Nocoolname?

Simply because it's on the round stencil on the nose of what is a very colourful and highly stenciled WW. Beyond that I'd never heard of the place tbh

2 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Simply because it's on the round stencil on the nose of what is a very colourful and highly stenciled WW. Beyond that I'd never heard of the place tbh

George AFB, California, was next door to Victorville. 

On 1/4/2023 at 5:35 AM, Homebee said:

Lots of lovely wraparound SEA and Euro1 schemes on there, have a soft spot for those after seeing a 52nd TFW F-4G at Yeovilton Airday back in the the 80's.

• 2 weeks later...

The F-4G appears to have arrived in the UK this week with pre orders being shipped. ZM appear to have been particularly stingy in only providing one scheme in the box.

On 1/5/2023 at 11:46 AM, AntPhillips said:

Lots of lovely wraparound SEA and Euro1 schemes on there, have a soft spot for those after seeing a 52nd TFW F-4G at Yeovilton Airday back in the the 80's.

I just checked their site and they're available... but not for UK orders it seems... no option to order if UK based. Gutted. This is the only scheme I wanted to build. 😞😢

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

Gutted. This is the only scheme I wanted to build. 😞😢

Contact them directly, they are willing to work out a solution.

The recently arrived Zoukie Mura F4G has been on the high Seas for almost 100 days, things are improving from Hong Kong/China but seem to be getting worse from Japan.  Also on the same load was 1/32 HS129 SWS19

It was released in Japan end of August but we did not get it on a boat until end of September.

Edited by TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - McDD F-4 Phantom II family by Zoukei Mura - F-4E/EJ/EJ-Kai and G released - RF-4 in the pipe line
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - McDD F-4 Phantom II family by Zoukei Mura - F-4E/EJ/EJ-Kai and G released - RF-4B/C/E in the pipe line
35 minutes ago, tony.t said:

If they fix the canopy shape for the Recce-Rhinos I'm in. 

Tony

I'm in anyway, unless Meng do some RF's. I wish Fine Molds would do some RF's as well.

• Like 1