Back from holidays and I managed to finish this one today. It is the Great Wall Hobbies early T-33, the kit was very satisfying to build with no glitches or pitfalls.

35891850390_5225c36b61_b.jpg

I finished it with my usual four different metallics but the sunshine has made them hard to discern.

35891856130_f3eeb2acf4_b.jpg

The model is finished as a machine of the 77th FBS, 20th FBW based at RAF Weathersfield in the late 1950's. The decals area mix of kit markings and Caracal sheet CD48123, which performed beautifully as usual.

35891853140_b2908f8f2c_b.jpg

I dfound a photo of the aircraft on line which showed her to be very clean and highly polished at an air display so I kept weathering to a minimum.

As always thanks for looking.

• Like 19

• 1 year later...
On 7/31/2017 at 1:44 PM, Silver Fox said:

The model is finished as a machine of the 77th FBS, 20th FBW based at RAF Weathersfield in the late 1950's. The decals area mix of kit markings and Caracal sheet CD48123, which performed beautifully as usual.

I dfound a photo of the aircraft on line which showed her to be very clean and highly polished at an air display so I kept weathering to a minimum.

As always thanks for looking.

Great to see one of these finished in such striking markings. I am about to start the same kit in the same decals at the end of the month. I have not managed to track down a photo yet - do you happen to recall where you found the photo online?

Many thanks for any help!

Jon

• Like 1

Jon,

sorry I lost a number of photos when my hard drive crashed and this was one of them. I remember it didn't show the extreme nose but other than that it was as the decal sheet showed even down the very shiney ( polished?)  finish.  I tried to Google it and found pictures of my model!!!

• Like 1

Jon,

I've been having a bit of a search around I found an illustration of the machine on the rear cover of USAF Europe in Colour Volume 2 by Robbie Robertson published by Squadron Signal, but I still can't find the picture I used, my Google skills are  weak today. however my Bing fu worked.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=T-33A 51-4382&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-1&pq=t-33a 51-4382&sc=0-13&sk=&cvid=71EF6610CFA7475EBB017B626917518C

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Jon,

I've been having a bit of a search around I found an illustration of the machine on the rear cover of USAF Europe in Colour Volume 2 by Robbie Robertson published by Squadron Signal, but I still can't find the picture I used, my Google skills are  weak today. however my Bing fu worked.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=T-33A 51-4382&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-1&pq=t-33a 51-4382&sc=0-13&sk=&cvid=71EF6610CFA7475EBB017B626917518C

That's amazing! I spent several hours on Google and did not come across that. Must remember to try Bing as well next time.

Much appreciated!

Jon

• Like 1