1/48 - Sukhoi Su-27UB "Flanker-C" by HobbyBoss - released

Homebee

13 minutes ago, Vaildog said:

Other than the single front wheel vs dual what is the difference between this kit and the Su-30 released earlier this year? 

The Su-30 has taller fins than the Su-27UB and I think the instrument panels are different

ScottC

• 4 months later...

A serious question here. How good are these for accuracy please? I've heard that the Su-30 is good but I also heard other kits from Trumpeter/HobbyBoss were good. But they weren't. Please help me avoid another expensive mistake.

1 hour ago, SleeperService said:

A serious question here. How good are these for accuracy please? I've heard that the Su-30 is good but I also heard other kits from Trumpeter/HobbyBoss were good. But they weren't. Please help me avoid another expensive mistake.

Well, in my opinion they are the best in 1/48th and will be unless someone like Zvezda up-scale theirs, I wouldn't/won't/never have touched the Academy kits... I have the HobbyBoss J-11, Su-27, Su-30 and the Su-27UB... I'm very happy with them, they look great built up.. they might not be '100% accurate', but what kit is... detail is decent, shape is good.. the only minor issues are the shape around the LERX/leading edge, but I can live with that... Ken/Flankerman points this out on the Trumpeter 1/72nd kits.

• Thanks 1

Yes, 1/48th... but Ken points out the issue on the 1/72nd kits, which the 48th kits have the same problem. Wheel bays are no issue for me, you can't really see them when built up..

• Like 1

Wheel bay issue isn't a killer issue and I noticed the canopy is a bit small but the Academy one just looked plain wrong overall. So canopy up to minimise the impact and some of those nice Vietnamese markings from Begemot I think.

Thanks for the quick and positive advice.