Tornado ZG750 25th Anniversary special 'Pinky'

wheezi

Lucky to catch 'Pinky' in the Mach Loop on one of her last low level sorties before being RTP'd at Leeming.  She was bombed up for a photo session which we could hear the details of on the scanner.  Went to the loop especially on the off chance of getting pics of ZG750 and I wasn't disappointed.  Was a great pass, especially when she overtook the Airbus A400M (pics later) over Lake Bala.

DSC_2555DSC_2562

DSC_2564DSC_2557-Edit

• Like 13

Nice shots 

it was due at the skyvan with the centre of aviation photography for some air to air shots (these were awesome) 

it did do one final trip after this trip but now is at leeming for RTP

Edited by James V
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Richard E said:

Good shots - presumably caught on her way to RIAT at Fairford earlier this month?

Is the payload three Enhanced Paveway II attached to 1,000 pound inert bodies?

Yes, was just before RIAT.  I'm not a massive expert when it comes to ordinance, but I think you are right.

On 30/07/2017 at 3:24 PM, Richard E said:

Good shots - presumably caught on her way to RIAT at Fairford earlier this month?

Is the payload three Enhanced Paveway II attached to 1,000 pound inert bodies?

Defo Paveway IIs, was asking the armours about them as i watched them being loaded

On 30/07/2017 at 5:43 PM, Shaun said:

Looks like she had a good wash before Fairford. Never seen a Tornado with a clean bottom?....Nice photo's

Shaun.

She did have a good wash, me and few others had to wash her by hand the night before, left work smelling rather alot of avtur after the cleaning :L

• Like 1