Sepecat Jaguar GR1 double build Revell/Airfix 1/48

1 hour ago, massimo said:

Hi Giorgio. It's thin Electrical wire I bought at an electronics Fair.It'sgood as you can glue after painting and doesn't news to be painted.Giù can also fine it in different colours. 

Ah OK, so it's the whole wire, not only the copper - got it, thank you! :thumbsup: 

Ciao

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bar side said:

I do find telephone extension leads and cat 5 cables make good cheap modelling wire sources - either with the outer coating or just the wire

I use them both, but always without their coating, which is normally too big for 1/48 and especially 1/72 scale. If I need a very thin wire, I use cell phone headset ones - still without coating, though.

Those wires Massimo used here look spot on even in their coating.

Ciao

Hi Mates,

got back from Canada last Saturday and I got a bad flew, thus I’ll stay at home for a few days. I slept all afternoon and Saturday night, but yesterday I got to my working spot, (the living room) and built the last bits for my Jaguars’ nose wheel bays: the gear locking system and the cyinder which control the side doors’ opening. I added the last pipes and this morning I got started with the paint work.

First I sprayed a coat of back , followed by a coat of zink chromate and one of Future, to get a gloss surface before applying a black Tamiya wash stuff.

Then I brush painted grey the cylinders and pipings, with blue and yellow collars every now and then and the red plugs for the battery cables.

Then I oversprayed a coat of Xtracrilix matt clear.

Here are some pictures:

nNQkNkr.jpg

AsjVIgT.jpg

kcvmjdC.jpg

l3aQ1EK.jpg

Front view

AgDfAFl.jpg

i4J8Hm0.jpg

IxPOTvq.jpg

b30auYb.jpg

Side view

sJjg5Ea.jpg

ujEo7wR.jpg

cO75f5u.jpg

o7sBjND.jpg

A few more from different angles:

osIpP0I.jpg

YPUSaYI.jpg

wX6edGM.jpg

Very very slowly my Jags are progressing. I’ve got a few more days to spend at home, so I’ll try to maximize my time modelling.

I’ll keep you posted.

Ciao

Massimo

Edited by massimo2
missing picture
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

On 23/10/2017 at 7:32 PM, giemme said:

Amazing job, Massimo :clap: The black basing seems to be very effective for the wheel bays :thumbsup:

Second that Massimo.  Really like the tonal variations/effect of building up the zinc chromate coats over the black.

• Thanks 1

Hi everybody,

I’ve been postponing this task for a loooooong time, but I’m still at home sick and I can’t excape my destiny, so yesterday and today I  concentrated on detailing the main wheelbays.

V9wcVWO.jpg

9KOgi6U.jpg

lEdl69Q.jpg

It’s really boring and time consuming  and…I’m doing everything twice.

I see why most of my illustrious colleagues such as Fritag, giorgio or Perdu use to make  sub assemblies resin replicas.I had an experience with resin crafting, but then I got headache by the smell of the parts  , thus I decided it wasn’t for me.

While executing boring modelling tasks like this, occasionally I might feel a bit depressed, so I usually find all excuses to stop.  This time  I decided to watch my finished sub assemblies.

f085uXs.jpg

NCx7I94.jpg

6TQ3iOM.jpg

This is where I started from...

L3QOsRJ.jpg

This usually restores my motivtion, but this time… there isn’t much to be admired, thus…I went back to my wheel bays!!!

i7nrJZx.jpg

Some alternative work to that boring task: the nose bay doors and the dorsal naca intake on the Airfix model..

k7DHsAa.jpg

qqXiGA9.jpg

Then I decided something had to be done to hold the exhausts in place, so, when the time will finally come to glue the fuselage halves, I won’t forget!!!

These are the resin exhausts I inherited from my friend. I’ll fit the longer ones to the Revell model taking off and the short ones to the Airfix model with anti FOD covers.

OfBWOLP.jpg

nBXPDtg.jpg

I used plastic card leftovers to build theexhausts’ back stops

6iuHb3B.jpg

itDmwWk.jpg

5QlO999.jpg

T7ntDzc.jpg

N1jC95j.jpg

P6GtTvc.jpg

Now the right side bays are nearly done.I’ll have to add the doors opening system, but that’ll be done over the weekend, for now…I’ve had enough!!!

zD31S05.jpg

4bRbstF.jpg

That’s all for now.

I’ll keep you up to date!

Ciao

Massimo

Edited by massimo2
wrong picture!
  • Like 15

You are doing a heck of a job with those wheel bays, Massimo :worthy::clap:

I do feel your pain about doing things twice, though - in fact I don't think I'll ever do a double build anymore. Having said that, I can see more Macchi C202 and C205 in my future (and F4's, and Spitfires and ...... :wink::) )

Ciao 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

…and the day came. I glued the nose  bays and cockpits and finally the fuselage halves together.

https://i.imgur.com/MlruCfn.jpg[/img]

0uYNtDB.jpg

sensors were added to the tails and then it was the time to fill and sand.

MlruCfn.jpg

EaH1KQU.jpg

That led to a boring re-scribing session, with the help of Tamiya panel lines accent color.

ivmfih8.jpg

pY1tRyV.jpg

Q0889k8.jpg

KB1yCuQ.jpg

ApoyzDs.jpg

The main wheelbays were left aside for now, as I needed to do something different to keep my motivation to an acceptable STD.

wfFyqez.jpg

xrayRPA.jpg

Tail fins were added too, followed by the resin intakes behind the cockpits.

LZHLE6v.jpg

vseFHjT.jpg

i80yhOv.jpg

Yv7QCSb.jpg

OLy8p6G.jpg

That’s all for now. I’m still workonf filling and re-scribing some of the panel lines.Once I’m finished with them, I’ll finish the main wheel bays and then I’ll concentrate on the wings.

I’ve seen somewhere else they’re collecting volunteers for a Buccaner GB, so I may have to start another project soon, but, for the time being, I’ll push hard on these.

I’ll keep you posted.

Ciao

Massimo

Edited by massimo2
corrected text
  • Like 14

Thank you all!!!

here the last update:

• some more re-scribing, some re-re-scribing and some re-re-re-scribing...:swear: in the nose area and to the  auxiliary air intakes,

eSYzcfJ.jpg

AZT0Yug.jpg

3S15WB5.jpg

2lRNYQU.jpg

• some added detail at the rear bottom fuselage and to the flares dispencers, whichwere a bit...basic.This is the best I could think of to replicate the flares housings... 

lF0LzWp.jpg

2EaebHd.jpg

0WV57Ba.jpg

LSWSSdL.jpg

Ze0ztyE.jpg

tAZQWgD.jpg

nqeMyvR.jpg

That's all for now. Tomorrow I'll visit the UK for a week, so...no more updates. Anyway, before leaving I'd like to show you my last purchase:

cLpStGw.jpg

HUaDD4k.jpg

FWtjtLS.jpg

oLqii8Y.jpg

I fell in love with it as soon as I saw the box art.

I think it's ugly enough to be built together with a... :tmi:  ...Barracuda????I've got it on my stash and I may have a go with them in the next future.

Anyway...let me finish the Jaguars first!!!

Ciao

Massimo

• Like 8

1 hour ago, giemme said:

Impressive detail job as always, Massimo :clap:

What kind of tools did you use for the rescribing?

Ciao

Hi Giorgio, 

I used a scriber by Trumpeter , a needle fitted to a drills' handle and plenty of ciano acrylate to fill the wrong panel Lines and those I did badly.I used Tamiya panel accent black to highlight the panel Lines while rescribing and some of those you see have been filled.

I know It looks like a mess, but once I'm done with the re-scribing, I'll have to prime the model to see what needs go be corrected. 

Ciao

Massimo 

Edited by massimo2
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2017 at 23:59, massimo said:

I used a scriber by Trumpeter , a needle fitted to a drills' handle and plenty of ciano acrylate to fill the wrong panel Lines and those I did badly.I used Tamiya panel accent black to highlight the panel Lines while rescribing and some of those you see have been filled.

Thanks Massimo, exactly the same tools I use :) Except for the wash, I use a home brewed black tempera one. 

Ciao

2 hours ago, giemme said:

Thanks Massimo, exactly the same tools I use :) Except for the wash, I use a home brewed black tempera one. 

Ciao

For scribing, there's an interesting alternative at page 1 of the thread below (Great job on that Vulcan!!! Now let's wait for the Starlifter!!!)

The wash...what can I say...I use it as it's ready for use and otherwise I wouldn't see a thingwhile I'm scribing!!!

Then, when I see the result I regret using it!!!:swear:

Ciao

Massimo

• Like 1

Excellent work indeed!

@massimo - was it you who was wanting Nigerian jaguar decals? I finally managed to post them to you on Tuesday (assuming it was you, or else someone else in Italy...) Hopefully they will be with you soon. :)

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1