Carpathian Schmitt...1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109G-6 Romanian Airforce

After already showing slight withdrawal symptoms, my dad´s gonna build another 109. :lol:

Using the good old Hasegawa G-6 kit with decals from RB Productions. Doing "Blue 10" but don´t know yet if it´s gonna be a pro-German or Pro-Russian scheme.

DSC_0001_zpsudrfrrlw.jpg

DSC_0006_zpst7xny9sf.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsk2yhzzeg.jpg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I say pro russian. I've seen a number of the pro german builds with the Romanian crosses over the years, but very few with roundels. So if i get to vote and help you along. 

planning also to do a Romanian Emil and a G-2 someday, which have crosses, so yes, this one´s gonna be most probably with roundels ;)

• Like 3

Reagrding 109s my dad cares more about accuracy. The camo of the real aircraft suggests that it´s a Regensburg machine. The Hasegawa G-6 kit only includes a Erla cowl/gun cover. So my dad did a partly restart and took a new fuselage with the correct gun cover from a Hasegawa G-14 kit, which includes two different covers.

DSC_0001_zpscshcktfy.jpg

DSC_0002_zps0v9apdob.jpg

• Like 2

Scrolling through this thread gave me a peculiar reaction- it made me want to "throw together" a Hasegawa 109G!  Peculiar because I haven't normally felt that way upon looking at "yet another" 109 someone has built.  You make it look so easy, and I mean that as a compliment.  (Of course, there's still the painting part...)

bob

• Like 1