Photobucket Picture Removal

How to handle orphaned threads with the Photobucket "give us $399" demand  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should we:

• Replace the annoying graphic with a short message
    • Remove the thread completely

22 minutes ago, perdu said:

I wonder if replacing a deleted picture with an invitation on the lines of " if you would like to see the deleted pics for this thread please send a pm to the image(s) poster"

• Like 1

I concur with many other contributors, even without images, a thread may offer valuable information regarding references, detailing, assembly issues and paints.

If a find and replace database script were to be used, some thought would need to be put into how to distinguish between threads that were displaying Photobucket's P500 image and those that continue to display a member's Photobucket images (because they have a paid-up subscription). For a paid-up subscriber, there would be nothing more annoying than having paid to avoid image loss and then having to relink those images because of an indiscriminate script on the forum database.

I've voted for replacing the image with a message - sadly it appears (after quick investigation) that the links to the 'ransom image' are NOT all to the same so this may be a problem?

I'm one of the members that has downloaded my images and I may update my interesting threads (if I can find any) at some point. There's also a lot of interesting posts from others - it'd be a shame to lose that content if the thread was deleted.

• Like 2

Mike thanks for clarifying what I meant

I was a tad frazzled after a day suffering normons whilst driving up the M5 from the South Hams to Brum

That was so bad we stopped at j21 to pop into the Helicopter museum to let the idiots get home without us

Which meant it was half eightish by the time I fired up the tab to check in here

Great museum folks, do go if you can

Anyway, as Bootneck says if you want/need the pictures I can reinstate any you need now

Just need a bit of spare time when I'm not working on the Buccaneer

• Like 1