1/72 Italeri CR.32 Chirri, Spain 1938

A nicely detailed kit, with good fit overall. The main problem is in attaching the top wing which has very vague locating points. I managed to weld mine together with lots of super glue. The decals from Cartograph are very nice and behave well but the white and yellow are allowing the paint from the camo to show through quite a lot so that is a shame.

Kit manufacture: Italeri
Scale: 1/72
Type: CR.32 Chirri
Extras used: Uschi super fine rigging thread, metal wire foot hold
Paints and colours used: Tamiya custom mixes for yellow, grey and brown. Green dashes xf71 cockpit green. Flory dark dirt wash and Tamiya flat clear

Military Aviazione Legionaria (Italian Legionary Air Force 1936-1939)
Sqn. a. Aut. Mitragliamento Frecce 3-6 (Capitano Ferruccio Vosilla)
Spanish Civil War, Munesia Spain, April 1938

img_0340.jpg

img_0339.jpg?w=748

img_0345.jpg?w=748

img_0343.jpg?w=748

img_0349.jpg?w=748

img_0351.jpg?w=748

img_0338.jpg

Thanks

Jason

• Like 38

That is truly beautiful! I have one of these, part built. I'd spent two evenings fitting the upper wing then my wife dropped a box of tools on it!:mg::rant:

• Like 1

That brings back memories of my build theme of WW2 Italian aircraft about 30 years ago. I seem to recall a 1/50th Artiplast CR.32 in my collection, but it was no where near as good as yours!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Another nice SCW build Jason. I have a few of these in the stash, but the strut attachment challenge is keeping them low down in the 'to do' pile.

Your custom mix colours look great.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1

On 8/1/2017 at 9:02 AM, Vinnie said:

Lovely looking model. How long did the paintwork take?

Not too long a couple hours I think, I just used it thinned quite a lot with leveling thinners and made sure I just put a blob instead of brushing it as it would melt the paint off! Then it dried and settled down nicely 

Que maravillosa! Lovely Chirri! I built the old Supermodel kit in very similar markings many, many years ago (I still have it). I do want this Italeri kit, but I believe I'm going to be timid and do it in the all-silver Balearic scheme. I've always loved SCW aircraft, and the CR.32 has always been a particular favourite (it's so Art Deco!).

Saludos,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comments added.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Learstang said:

Que maravillosa! Lovely Chirri! I built the old Supermodel kit in very similar markings many, many years ago (I still have it). I do want this Italeri kit, but I believe I'm going to be timid and do it in the all-silver Balearic scheme. I've always loved SCW aircraft, and the CR.32 has always been a particular favourite (it's so Art Deco!).

Saludos,

Jason

Thanks! Yes it's a nice kit, I do believe this is the super model kit with upgraded molds, whatever that means! Nice decals though, apart from the transparency of the white.

Thanks for all the comments it means a lot :D

• Like 1