Last of the Augsburg Eagle's 109G10

Hi folk's this is the first of my foray's into 1/32 scale for a while,I had the kit a year part started but the 109 GB took it off the shelf of doom and onto completion.It's a

very nicely molded kit and apart from a little over engineering on the wing/wheel well assembly is pretty stress free build wise,I had a lot of help scheme wise from the 

usual BM suspect's and for that the WIP is worth a look.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235020774-revell-132-g10finished/&page=1

DSC00074

DSC00078

DSC00077

DSC00076

DSC00075

DSC00073

DSC00071

DSC00070

DSC00069

DSC00067

DSC00065

• Like 27

Interesting Bf-109, a rather 'different' scheme!

I like the patchy appearance, seems as if this bird was assembled with parts from different manufacturers, something quite common in the closing months/weeks of the war.

I recall to have seen a photograph of the original in a Squadron/Signal "In Action" publication.

More info (and elaborate discussion) about this plane and JG300 here: http://www.jg300.de/me109g-10erla.html

I have the same markings in 1/72, but have to wait because there's no Erla Bf-109 in that scale available (for now - AZ model announced theirs for October release)!

Thanks for showing, have a good day!

Greetings from Vienna,

Roman

• Like 1

Nice. I'm building the same kit right now. I like the patchwork effect with components coming from dispersed factories - or the same plant - in different paint schemes, or left in natural metal.

• Like 1

Ditto what others have said: very nice model, and I really like the effect of the differently painted panels.

What number is that for the year? You seem to have a really high output!

Regards,

David

8 hours ago, Dazey said:

Ditto what others have said: very nice model, and I really like the effect of the differently painted panels.

What number is that for the year? You seem to have a really high output!

Regards,

David

Many thank's David, It's not been a bad year a half dozen armour builds posted and probably twenty aircraft I even managed to post Airfix's Trevithick Steam loco

which was great fun to build,we have building work next month so I'm trying to finish a few project's before I have to calll it a day hence the "burst" of RFI's.

• Like 1