A froggy joins the crew

Yvan S

Hello everyone,

I must say I am happy to join such a strong group of modellers! It is exciting to see how helpful and constructive you all seem to be. But let's move on. My name is Yvan (Ee-von) and I am a French expat living in Canada. I am currently 16 and have been making models for 3-4 years now. I am happy with what I build, but I definitely need advice, especially with weathering, so any comments are welcome! I can withstand much criticism so be frank and clear. I mostly build planes and am focusing mostly on ww2 era for now. Otherwise I am looking forward to a much-needed collaboration!

Cheers,

Yvan

• Like 2

Welcome to BM Yvan!

There isn't many amongst us who wouldn't benefit for more knowledge, I still have lots to learn. I'm also into WW2 aircraft and I'm glad to see that period still holds interest for younger modellers. The nimble fingers and keen eyesight I had when I was your age would be a significant advantage with this modelling lark.

I'll look forward to seeing you models.

Gorby

50 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Welcome to BM Yvan!

There isn't many amongst us who wouldn't benefit for more knowledge, I still have lots to learn. I'm also into WW2 aircraft and I'm glad to see that period still holds interest for younger modellers. The nimble fingers and keen eyesight I had when I was your age would be a significant advantage with this modelling lark.

I'll look forward to seeing you models.

Gorby

Thank you, however I lack the experience of more advanced modellers like you! I will be awaiting advice from your part. 

39 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Yvan ... its good to see a younger generation interested in scale modeling. I'm over on this side of the atlantic as well. Please ask If i can help i will . 

Dennis

I'll keep that in mind for sure. Thank you!

17 minutes ago, junglierating said:

Bienvenue quebecois:D tu est le grand fromage:)

Calling an authentic Frenchman a québécois is an insult! 😱 Also where do the creative emojis come from?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yvan S said:

Thank you, however I lack the experience of more advanced modellers like you! I will be awaiting advice from your part. 

You probably won't be learning much from me Yvan. I've only been back to the hobby for two and a half years after a 35 year break, and modelling in the 1970's was a completely different ball game to what it is now, so my childhood experience is virtually worthless. Modelling is one of many hobbies for me, so I never going to be a master at this game, I'm just happy to see the staggering work of other modellers on this, and other sites.

8 minutes ago, Gorby said:

You probably won't be learning much from me Yvan. I've only been back to the hobby for two and a half years after a 35 year break, and modelling in the 1970's was a completely different ball game to what it is now, so my childhood experience is virtually worthless. Modelling is one of many hobbies for me, so I never going to be a master at this game, I'm just happy to see the staggering work of other modellers on this, and other sites.

That's okay. Stay tuned for a couple builds coming up though, I've completed a Spitfire and a Hurricane from an Airfix 75th anniversary of the BoB set, and I'm going to post a build of a Stuka, also from BoB. 

Hello Yvan and welcome.

I've been messing about with polystyrene and glue for the past 54 years and still learn something nearly everytime I am on here.

Great site and great bunch of guys and guyesses

4 hours ago, Yvan S said:

Calling an authentic Frenchman a québécois is an insult! 😱 Also where do the creative emojis come from?

Hi, je excuse,je mange mon pied.Aussi j'parle francais très mauvais.:sorry:

Emojis at the top of the screen when you type your reply:nerd:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Hello Yvan and welcome.

I've been messing about with polystyrene and glue for the past 54 years and still learn something nearly everytime I am on here.

Great site and great bunch of guys and guyesses

Very excited and optimistic to collaborate with you guys and guyesses:wink:!!

• Like 1