DEATH STAR - "that's no moon, that's a space station..."

A quick fun weekend build from John & Helen - first appearing on the big screens 40 years ago, here's the J&H Death Star.

£30 from Ebay, its not a bad kit - Helen loved getting busy with the Tamiya masking tapes, and then the tweezers and scalpel to remove the masking, having left me to use Black, grey and white Halfords primer rattle cans to bring this very old kit back to life. I will add, this was Helen's first venture in model building - she seemed to enjoy it and was keen to keep working on the kit across the weekend - it was built her way without my influence and I would say she's done quite good for a beginner with minimal Death Star knowledge.

As Vader pointed out to us 40 years ago " The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force"

DSCF6980

DSCF6981

DSCF6982

DSCF6983

• Like 8

For a first build with minimal help that is impressive, very impressive!

What size is the moon, sorry, Death Star!

Cheers,

Warren

1 hour ago, Madmonk said:

For a first build with minimal help that is impressive, very impressive!

What size is the moon, sorry, Death Star!

Cheers,

Warren

thanks - I'll let my manageress know - its the size of a football and comes with a stand and wall hanging stand.

1 hour ago, HansReggelsen said:

Looks great! :goodjob:

How big is that thing? :hmmm:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

thanks Hans - its the size of a football

• Like 1

That's a great looking build. Every time I see the Death Star, I always start wondering just what everyone on board actually did all day. 350,00 crew and 800,00 additional passengers doing what? I wonder if the Empire ran time and motion studies.

Andy

26 minutes ago, Gimme Shelter said:

thanks Hans - its the size of a football

Incorrect.  It is the size of a small moon. :smartass:

1 hour ago, AndyRM101 said:

That's a great looking build. Every time I see the Death Star, I always start wondering just what everyone on board actually did all day. 350,00 crew and 800,00 additional passengers doing what? I wonder if the Empire ran time and motion studies.

Andy

Well - according to Eddie Izzard - some of them hang around in the cantina! :winkgrin:

Edited by HansReggelsen
Misspelling
  • Like 2