Please help me make up my mind: H&S Infinity or Iwata HP-CP

Ilie Mihai

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Thanks for letting me know Paul, but hopefully, I won't need another anytime soon. I no longer use the small spanner to tighten it, just finger and thumb.

John.

They do now retail a small cylindrical tool to help put the nozzles on and off. A loss less torque than with the spanner, so less likely to damage the nozzle.

Paul

• Like 1

I know both are amazing....I know that probably I will end up loving whichever I get...I just wanna make sure that my decision is final, without any doubts...so that I will not regret not getting the other one.

I can get one of those two..not both...If I would be able to get both..I would do it and and end this "mission". When they will be in stock I will go and handle them both...and probably decide based on which one feels better in my hand??? (I guess). Is that a good way of making a final decision? Both of them will last me the same amount of time if I am careful with them, right?

Paul...will the seals in the Infinity last as much as the ones inside the Iwata? 

The aging factor is very very important to me. Will they last me a lot? Which one will deteriorate faster? And why? 

If Infinity's springs can be adjusted..why are there people saying that for them the trigger seems spongy? I don't get that. Is it because they just favor the Iwatas?

I need my airbrush to last for at least 2 years and work as new...just after that I may be able to get another one.

Best regards!

2 minutes ago, Ilie Mihai said:

I know both are amazing....I know that probably I will end up loving whichever I get...I just wanna make sure that my decision is final, without any doubts...so that I will not regret not getting the other one.

I can get one of those two..not both...If I would be able to get both..I would do it and and end this "mission". When they will be in stock I will go and handle them both...and probably decide based on which one feels better in my hand??? (I guess). Is that a good way of making a final decision? Both of them will last me the same amount of time if I am careful with them, right?

Paul...will the seals in the Infinity last as much as the ones inside the Iwata? 

The aging factor is very very important to me. Will they last me a lot? Which one will deteriorate faster? And why? 

If Infinity's springs can be adjusted..why are there people saying that for them the trigger seems spongy? I don't get that. Is it because they just favor the Iwatas?

I need my airbrush to last for at least 2 years and work as new...just after that I may be able to get another one.

Best regards!

O rings, who knows how long they will last, that depends on the use and how much it is used.  On Iwata people don't like replacing O rings as they  cost a lot. On H&S they are cheap and there are more of them, so replacing them is not an issue.  

Ageing, again it's down to how the brush is treated.  H&S spare parts if needed are cheap compared to Iwata, so it's not an issue if you do need to replace anything. 

Both of these airbrushes will last a lot longer than 2 years, you don't need to worry about that.

Paul

3 minutes ago, Ilie Mihai said:

Best regards!

Hi Ilie,

I've just found the invoice for the first Iwata I bought it was the HP-CH and is dated 27/11/2008, I bought it at Scale Model World. It is the only brush out of the 5 Iwatas I now own that I have had to purchase a spare part for. That was a needle, I dropped the original one and to be on the safe side I replaced it rather than risk damaging the nozzle. Treat yours with care and I'm sure you'll get many more than 2 years use out of it.

Let us no which you choose or even better post up the results after you have used it.

Tim.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, little-cars said:

O rings, who knows how long they will last, that depends on the use and how much it is used.  On Iwata people don't like replacing O rings as they  cost a lot.  

Paul

Paul that is just ridiculous saying that. Are you telling me people who use Iwatas put up with faulty O rings. People who use Iwatas don't change them due to the fact they don't or hardly ever need changing.

That isn't a comment I'd expect you to come out with it really isn't.

Tim.

7 minutes ago, tank152 said:

Paul that is just ridiculous saying that. Are you telling me people who use Iwatas put up with faulty O rings. People who use Iwatas don't change them due to the fact they don't or hardly ever need changing.

That isn't a comment I'd expect you to come out with it really isn't.

Tim.

I should have phrased it better, but I've had a number of people at shows & on the phone who think there maybe a problem with an O ring, not buy them once I tell them the prices.  Most O rings are around £6 each, the O ring at the top of the Eclipse air valve is now over £10....  I've had the same reaction with needles and nozzles as well.  

16 minutes ago, little-cars said:

I should have phrased it better, but I've had a number of people at shows & on the phone who think there maybe a problem with an O ring, not buy them once I tell them the prices.  Most O rings are around £6 each, the O ring at the top of the Eclipse air valve is now over £10....  I've had the same reaction with needles and nozzles as well.  

I find that pretty hard to believe myself, why would anyone want to put up with using faulty equipment, wheres the fun in that.

Still what is the saying? "There's nowt as queer as folk"!!!!

OMG  guys!!! I NEEEEEED YOUR HELP

I am not sure but I think I have a way of getting both (sort of)

So this is the story:

I am from Romania, right? RIGHT! So I went to one of  those Romanian websites that are pretty much like ebay..where people can sell stuff and I found a guy that was selling an Iwata HP-CH (0.3mm) for less than half the price that it is in stores, here in Romania (cuz prices here are waaay too high).

He said he got it from the US one year ago and that It was never used. He seemed a nice guy and he was okay with going together and get it inspected at a store that sells airbrushes (Including the same model).

Now if it turns out to be original I will buy it...and I will also buy the Infinity. But I will buy the Infinity CR Plus solo with 0.2mm (or should I go directly to 0.15mm?)

Now...even though he said he is okay with that and even though I will get it checked in person...I will attach the photos that he posted on the website and maybe you can tell me if it is original or fake.

Here are the photos:

1)

1UShWH4.jpg

2)

MF5XYLP.jpg

3)

iz2N76u.jpg

4)

ZJVsJD8.jpg

5)

9MuyIhw.jpg

Now...the only problem left (YEESS...there is still one left...at least)...is how will I convince the guy at the store.....at the store that is selling the exact same product...to help me and take 10 minutes of his time to inspect the airbrush. I was thinking of telling him that if he inspects it and helps me a little I will buy the Infinity CR Plus solo from him (cuz they have it in stock). Do you have any others suggestions about how can I ask him to help me? If it were me...I woul help someone else...but that's just me...maybe he..as an employee won't want to do so. Would you help someone if you were in his situation? 

Paul...would you help someone if he came into your store with such a problem?

Best regards!

O It certainly looks like a genuine CH, but be warned just like Rolex watches, Iwatas get copied. The CH should also have with it a small sheet of paper with a test spray on it, this is done at the factory to make sure things are ok. It is normally in the lid of the box in that slit you can see. Ask the guy where that is.

If the shop keeper is a decent sort of guy he shouldn't have any problems looking over the brush for you. You certainly shouldn't have to bribe him by saying that you'll buy another brush of him.

If the guy with the brush is willing to meet up and have it checked he may be genuine. I'm sure there should be a small tube of Superlube, blue stuff, in that box as well 

Personally I'd steer clear of having both Iwata and H&S, you'll only end up preferring one or the other, like most folk who have posted in this thread.

If you buy that, and lime it, just buy another Iwata with a 0.2 nozzle/needle set up. ☺

Good luck today.

1 hour ago, tank152 said:

O It certainly looks like a genuine CH, but be warned just like Rolex watches, Iwatas get copied. The CH should also have with it a small sheet of paper with a test spray on it, this is done at the factory to make sure things are ok. It is normally in the lid of the box in that slit you can see. Ask the guy where that is.

If the shop keeper is a decent sort of guy he shouldn't have any problems looking over the brush for you. You certainly shouldn't have to bribe him by saying that you'll buy another brush of him.

If the guy with the brush is willing to meet up and have it checked he may be genuine. I'm sure there should be a small tube of Superlube, blue stuff, in that box as well 

Personally I'd steer clear of having both Iwata and H&S, you'll only end up preferring one or the other, like most folk who have posted in this thread.

If you buy that, and lime it, just buy another Iwata with a 0.2 nozzle/needle set up. ☺

Good luck today.

He said that he really doesn't remember if it came with a test sheet or not. That may mark the fact that he actually never used it.

The seller sent me 2 new photos:

rw2CJV3.jpg

FAhkRTo.jpg

So again...can you guys tell me if this is an original, please?

Best regards

If the guy bought it new it would have definitely come with the test sheet of paper,  another thing included was a small booklet listing all the different Iwata airbrushes,  it should be a lightish blue colour on the front.

Give me 1 hour and I will get my airbrush box out and check those instructions.

It will be near on impossible for us to tell by looking at those photos if it a fake or not I reckon. If it is its a pretty good one though.

Just because there is no test piece there doesn't necessarily mean bad things, not every keeps every single bit of paperwork like I do!

I could send you some pics of my brush etc if you like?

Must say that I haven't encountered a counterfeit Iwata so far. Not one that was marked as Iwata. But there are lots of clones made in mainland china, that many would call copied from the original.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tank152 said:

"There's nowt as queer as folk"!!!!

And there is also a saying "you get what you pay for"

I have an H&S evolution 2in1 and I have also borrowed an Iwata BC from a freind, the former was cheaper than the latter however. From my experience I have found the following after letting the owner of the Iwata have a play with my Evo;

The H&S is a very simple airbrush to maintain and use, it comes apart with ease and all parts are substantial so easy to handle. It has taken everything I have trown in it in my own cack handed way but I did find that the '0'rings are soft and therefore prone to damage/wear with prolonged cleaning(which I do after each session) and I have replaced them several times in two years but they are not expensive. Also we found that there is less control with the H&S, it felt like it was either full on or off, even after a clean, nozzle/needlechange etc, this however may be down to my inexperience in getting my mixture right.

The Iawata is a little more tricky to clean as the nozzle is very small and easily dropped or lost but the control with the Iwata is much more precise and I have never had to touch the 'o' rings, it feels better in the hand and seems a better weapon of choice. Parts I beleive are more expensive but if replaced less often then it evens out.

I have not given up on the H&S, I am learning to get more out of it but the Iwata is quicker and easier to set up and use but remember, ther is a price gap between the 2 guns I use.

These opinions are drawn from my use of these airbrushes and we are all different so whichever you choose will not be wrong, you just have to learn to get the best out of your choice and as time passes you will probably get another airbrush and use both.

Hope you choice works out.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ilie Mihai said:

OMG  guys!!! I NEEEEEED YOUR HELP

I am not sure but I think I have a way of getting both (sort of)

So this is the story:

I am from Romania, right? RIGHT! So I went to one of  those Romanian websites that are pretty much like ebay..where people can sell stuff and I found a guy that was selling an Iwata HP-CH (0.3mm) for less than half the price that it is in stores, here in Romania (cuz prices here are waaay too high).

He said he got it from the US one year ago and that It was never used. He seemed a nice guy and he was okay with going together and get it inspected at a store that sells airbrushes (Including the same model).

Now if it turns out to be original I will buy it...and I will also buy the Infinity. But I will buy the Infinity CR Plus solo with 0.2mm (or should I go directly to 0.15mm?)

Now...even though he said he is okay with that and even though I will get it checked in person...I will attach the photos that he posted on the website and maybe you can tell me if it is original or fake.

Here are the photos:

1)

1UShWH4.jpg

2)

MF5XYLP.jpg

3)

iz2N76u.jpg

4)

ZJVsJD8.jpg

5)

9MuyIhw.jpg

Now...the only problem left (YEESS...there is still one left...at least)...is how will I convince the guy at the store.....at the store that is selling the exact same product...to help me and take 10 minutes of his time to inspect the airbrush. I was thinking of telling him that if he inspects it and helps me a little I will buy the Infinity CR Plus solo from him (cuz they have it in stock). Do you have any others suggestions about how can I ask him to help me? If it were me...I woul help someone else...but that's just me...maybe he..as an employee won't want to do so. Would you help someone if you were in his situation? 

Paul...would you help someone if he came into your store with such a problem?

Best regards!

It hasn't  happened but it would depends how long it takes to check he brush over.  If it's a couple of minutes, not a problem.

If it's a full strip down and check of the parts,  I would probably argue that this was effectively the same as a strip down and clean (30 minutes plus  ) and charge the same.

Paul