Lakenheath f15c 1/48

Hewy

Glynn,

Don't know if you are already working on the landing gear doors but there is a mistake in the manual.

Be carefull which attachments you cut off as the manual lets you cut the wrong ones.

Stix,  your welome as late as you please, thanks for the boost, much appreciated, I'm  on the pe at the moment, i like the effect but to be honest,  i don't enjoy the application should update tomorrow

Glynn

On 20/08/2017 at 20:03, Lex77 said:

Glynn,

Don't know if you are already working on the landing gear doors but there is a mistake in the manual.

Be carefull which attachments you cut off as the manual lets you cut the wrong ones.

Thanks for the heads up lex, I'm not there yet, is it front or rear

Glynn

The application of the pe parts took a little longer than expected theres still some for the pylons and canopy and landing gear, but the results, hopefully will turn out ok under a coat of paint

2017-08-27_11-49-04

2017-08-27_11-48-46

2017-08-27_11-52-34

2017-08-27_11-52-43

2017-08-27_11-52-54

2017-08-27_11-51-56

Cheers for looking

Glynn

• Like 8

Just now, helium said:

Nice Preshading Glynn! Very fine lines ... May I ask what airbrush you are using? 

Cheers

Holger 

Thanks holger, its a cheap chinese one from flea bay, cost me £22, i only intended using it for a couple of models and then i was going to invest in a top brand one  , that was around 2 or 3 years ago, it now has sentimental value :P, or I'm getting tight. 

It came with a 2.5 and a 3 and a 5 needle i only use the 3, thanks, fingers crossed it turns out ok

Cheers 

• Like 1

looking great - I just slapped my PE on - yours looks really good.

Did you use CA and place directly on? Did you bend for curves....if so...how?!

Was my first use of PE!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tim Moff said:

looking great - I just slapped my PE on - yours looks really good.

Did you use CA and place directly on? Did you bend for curves....if so...how?!

Was my first use of PE!

Thanks tim, i didn't do much pre bending at all only the bit on the rear  underside in the centre,  i used tamiya tape to first place the pe parts on one edge keeping the tape as far away from the other edge when i was happy with the placement, a bit of adjusting of the taped piece may be necessary, i used a pin dipped in thin ca to wick around the edge while pressing it to the plastic, remove the tape and do the same around all edges, i can assure you though tim its not all perfect, 

As for how i have a pe bending tool, essential i think

On 03/09/2017 at 15:58, Jabba said:

I have to agree in that there is a lot of PE added to this model. looking forward to seeing paint added to it.

Thanks jabba, works took its toll this weekend, but I'll update sometime this week 

Glynn

Edited by Hewy
Unfinished
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been a bit bogged down of late but the eagle is now up and running again, I've finished the cockpit, although i was so deep into it i forgot to photograph it, and masked the canopy and fitted the front screen, the bare metal parts at the rear are also done and masked, and the undersides have had a coat of paint, I'm using tamiya paints thinned with mr hobby laquer thinner,   the lighter grey is  xf 83  and the darker of the two is going to be xf 82 both raf colors :P fingers crossed it doesn't go belly up, both finishes will be subsequently lightened to varying degrees with a dash of white or two,  I've  already lightened the undersides may do a little more yet,  after another look in daylight tommorrow, should move on at a better pace now

Cheers

glynn

2017-09-29_07-00-16

• Like 2

Painted the first colour on the top side and touched up a bit underneath 

Excuse the lighting 

Shading might seem a little overdone to some,  but experience tells me the gloss and matt coats take a lot of this away

Thanks for looking, comments and criticism welcome,  mixed  xf83 x3 to xf2x1, to various degrees,  and thinned with mr color thinners

Glynn

2017-10-01_06-56-33

2017-10-01_06-56-55

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Progress, well i think it is, painting all done  bar a few touch ups, and a look with a fresh pair of eyes in the morning, I'm happy with the colours 

Cheers, 

Glynn

2017-10-15_07-21-37

2017-10-15_07-23-23

2017-10-15_07-23-53

2017-10-15_07-24-50

2017-10-15_07-25-18

• Like 5

Paint looking good - my Mr Paints went on great, but the contrast is not quite as obvious as yours....is that XF82 with a touch of white?

Looking nice!

Which Serial number are you going to model?

It is tim, and i changed the initial lighter coat to xf20,  mixed with  white in places, then as you guessed xf82 with a dash of white as for the serial number tim probably going with 156 or 019, i fully expect to lose a bit of the ott  pre and post Shading in the gloss and matt coats but we'll see whats going to be left, I'm quite  happy with how its turned out at the  minute, by the way i have noticed that quite a few 15cs have the slightly different radome colour, what shade did you do yours. 

Thanks

Glynn

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hewy said:

It is tim, and i changed the initial lighter coat to xf20,  mixed with  white in places, then as you guessed xf82 with a dash of white as for the serial number tim probably going with 156 or 019, i fully expect to lose a bit of the ott  pre and post Shading in the gloss and matt coats but we'll see whats going to be left, I'm quite  happy with how its turned out at the  minute, by the way i have noticed that quite a few 15cs have the slightly different radome colour, what shade did you do yours. 

Thanks

Glynn

Hi Glynne,

I was building mine off an older reference - I guessed that the cone was a left over from the old Eagle colour scheme,so painted it  FS36320....the recent pics seem to show the Cs carrying E model radomes, painted FS36118

tQFd1Yz.jpg?1

s-l300.jpg

Recent pic at Fairford with E nose cones on Cs.

35564484874_08becfef51_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've done a bit of catching up, glossed it, panel lines, decals(top only today) and a little go at weathering, it looks a bit more patchy than it actually is, maybe something to do with the kitchen lights making the paint a little translucent, its not  quite like that

Cheers 

Glynn

2017-10-19_05-15-29

2017-10-19_05-15-502017-10-19_05-16-29

2017-10-19_05-15-132017-10-19_05-17-12

• Like 6