Alvis Saracen Mk3 +++ Completed +++

Bonhoff

Hi all,

First of my models for this GB - A 1/76 Saracen from the JB Models moulding, I believe Airfix took the moulds over later.

Have built this previously but this time I'll be doing the tropicalised Mk3 version. Not a long build last time and I don't anticipate a long build here either.

The box and contents

36091707226_fc491ed508_c_d.jpg

The hull is two main parts, top and bottom and there are two turret options, the smaller Mk1 or the Ferret turret used on the Mk2 and 3.

35998926011_97db67245c_c_d.jpg

Twenty minutes after opening the box we are here - Basic hull is now complete.

35740358280_7208c1c394_c_d.jpg

More hopefully tomorrow.

KR's

IanJ

Edited by Bonhoff
Completed Build
  • Like 5

I said it'd be a quick build - Although the wheels are not yet glued on, will do that after painting.

36044769331_3f89c44e70_c.jpg

35372361843_37ac8b5ec4_c.jpg

Instructions say Humbrol 93 "Desert Yellow" - Would this be correct for a 1960's/70's British Army Saracen or would I be better off with Humbrol 237 "Desert Tan?"

Yours inquiringly,

IanJ

• Like 2

Very nice - I think I still have a Dinky Toys version in the attic, in British Army green with very realistic paint chipping effects!

Can't help with the colour question though, sorry, but looking forward to whatever colour you do choose!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

20 mins into my lunch and the first coat of paint is on!

36153096591_b8ec5647be_c.jpg

Have brush painted Humbrol 93 acrylic thinned with water over Humbrol 1 Primer, this colour doesn't seem as "gritty" when painted as some of the other Humbrol acrylics I've experienced.

Will wait and see as to how it dries and take a decision on whether I need to go lighter.

KR's

IanJ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...