1/72 Douglas Skyraider A-1J - Build No.2 (now A-1H) **FINISHED**

nimrod54

This is almost there now having added a Master pitot and gun barrels, a Little Cars lens to the light on top of the fin and the wheels and undercarriage doors today, followed by satin and matt clear coats. That just leaves a satin coat on the two tanks before these are fixed in position to do. I will also have a check through a couple of Hasegawa Weapons sets to see if I can find anything suitable to hang from the centre pylon. 

I am going to try to varnish the tanks before hitting the Slumberland tonight. :sleep_1:

24920831268_5827c1affa_c.jpg

by J Leigh, on Flickr

15 hours ago, Grandboof said:

Looking good John  

Martin H

Thanks a lot Martin.

Not had much time available for modelling so far, having spent most of the day shopping for Christmas gifts. I have just snatched a bit of time to attach the underwing tanks and take some photos, so here is the finished model.

37922965275_8dd9009ffd_c.jpg

by J Leigh, on Flickr

38809243791_3d7ed486c3_c.jpg

by J Leigh, on Flickr

23944944097_aaf9a315cf_c.jpg

by J Leigh, on Flickr

I have really enjoyed building this kit and whilst some may question the sense in the purchasing of parts that probably exceed the value of the kit, I feel that it has only added to the fun that I have had.

Thanks must go to @Enzo Matrix and @CliffB for setting things up and keeping us in order. Well done on doing a great job fellas.

I will post some more photos in the Gallery later, so until the next time. :cheers:

• Like 1