Hi all, this is just to see if I have mastered downloading from Flickr. The inspiration for this vignette is from when my wife and I drove from Boston to San Francisco a couple of years ago. When we were travelling across the praries in South Dakota, Wyoming and the high desert in Nevada, we came across very many small farms and homes where all the time expired vehicles were lined up outside. These included trucks, cars, tractors and other farm machinery. I am not sure if they were for sale, but most likely had no value so were just left outside.

The truck is a very old (1950's) model by Revell. I had one when I was a youth, and in those days did what we all did, threw it up in the air, squirted tube glue at in and it fell on the table made (sort of)! I picked this one up at a model show as I was interested in seeing what it was like. As per most old kits it is very basic, having no windscreen or glass, and not much in the way of detail. So I decided to make it as a derelict, unloved, weathered vehicle covered in bird muck and rust. You cannot see some of the smaller details in the photo such as  the spring sticking through the seat and the bald patches on the tyres. You can just see the wire hanging from the broken headlight. The car is the Tamiya staff car which I believe is a Ford but correct me if I am wrong. This is made straight from the box and weathered like the truck. Thanks for looking.

• Like 9

You've done a great job there. Tumble weed is the only thing missing .

Thanks for showing !

Superb job there. Very realistic aging.

And some of those rusty old trucks and cars you see out there are worth a fortune.

Rearguards,

Badder

ALmost completed if u spend a little more colors to the rust pigments.

It's one color and to big for rust example.

I just wanna help you to make it hotter.

Becos it's a amazing work just the rust is not complete.

bring some dark and lighter rust on it with a very fine brush or sponge

Hope u not mad at me...:)

Rusty Razzie out

ps: the door of the car only!

Edited by razzie43

By reply to Razzie43, of course I am not mad at you or anyone who makes good suggestions. The tarp is made with tissue paper soaked in dilute pva glue. The tissue paper is the type that you get wrapped around a new pair of shoes in the box, for example. Cut a square then either drape it over what you want it to cover, then lightly brush on a 50/50 mix of PVA glue and water. when dry, just paint it what colour you want, darken the creases with some dilute black ( or black mixed in the colour of the tarp), and dry brush over the highlights with a mix of the tarp colour and white. 

Cheers, Laurence.