Boeing 767-200 Spirit of Delta Hasegawa LL200 series

This was a sideproject that I had built on and off between other builds for over a year.

The Hasegawa LL200 airliner series contained many popular airliners such as the Boeing 747 in almost every version,DC-10,MD-11,DC-9 and among many others,the Boeing 767.

Sadly,most of these airliners from this famous series are no longer produced by Hasegawa and also the 767-200 is unlikely to appear again as Hasegawa modified the molds for the 767-300 which is still available.

These models are very accurate and easy to build and in their 1/200 scale also not too big and vitrine friendly.

My Hasegawa 767-200 kit was actually the Japan Airlines issue,but I once bought a larger number of decal sets for Hasegawa airliners on ebay,among them this nice Delta Airlines set.

It was in pretty good condition despite its age,research showed that the original Delta 767-200 kit was released back in 1982.

Some small details such as the cockpit windows come from a newer Boeing 777 Hasegawa set and the coroguard panels are from a detail set.Apart from that its completely OOB built.

Paints are the usual Revell and Testors enamels,the whole model was then sealed with MicroScale Gloss clear.

The Boeing 767-200 in the depicted "Spirit of Delta" scheme can be seen at the Delta heritage museum in Atlanta where it is preserved.

Enjoy

20170722_185943.jpg

20170722_185930.jpg

20170722_185857.jpg

20170722_185842.jpg

20170722_185814.jpg

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 19

Thanks for sharing another beauty Alex.  The Delta "widget" really was a classy livery.  N102DA "Spirit of Delta" has an interesting history and it's nice to see her in model form.

Personally I find 1/200 too small, particularly for narrow-bodies, but I certainly understand the attraction of the Hasegawa kits.

• Like 1

Another nice clean build Alex! I have to agree with Dave the widget scheme is classy, I think it's my favourite Delta livery.

I'm glad you were able to use my old decals, I can confirm they were from about 1983 or '84!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

1/200 ?

Hold on a sec Alex while I fetch my specs...........  :nerdy:

....aaahh yes, I can confirm that

• it's a 767
  • it's in the Delta widget scheme
  • it's very nice.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Thanks for posting.

mike

• Like 1

On 7/22/2017 at 21:47, Turbofan said:

Another nice clean build Alex! I have to agree with Dave the widget scheme is classy, I think it's my favourite Delta livery.

I'm glad you were able to use my old decals, I can confirm they were from about 1983 or '84!

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you Ian.

Small world...I didn't know that these decal sets were from you:winkgrin:

I still have a few of them to use.They will probably show up here someday...

Next up should be the TDA/JAS Airbus A300.

I always liked their choice to use the Airbus housecolors on their aircrafts

beautiful '67 there in a great choice of -200 livery. It looks very splendid.

I have this kit still unbuilt in the JAL livery as you mentioned, collecting attic dust in the roof collection zone. The Hasegawa Love Liners were an irresistible collector series for me at the time - I must have bought over 100 over the years and still have about 30 unbuilt in my collection - mostly 747's as my dad was a BA skipper on these and I used to convert the -300's into -400s back in the early days before Hasegawa produced their own.