Show us your modelling space / stash

Gorby

1 hour ago, PhoenixII said:

Mike, Mick.............don't worry Gents, if murder was planned the plastic sheeting would also be up the walls :whistle:

Hmm, plastic sheeting on the floor, a fine selection of scalpels  and corrosive solvents: Note to self keep door locked when bringing home ladies on a date night... :evil_laugh:

• Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

A couple of shots of my stash...

There's a lot of golden oldies there Vince – very varied subjects as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Finally have the new bench and storage assembled. 3.5 years of making do with a bodge job bench and storing stuff in boxes  on the floor or shoving stuff in my wardrobe

Looks great. Any chance of some more photos when you've got it set to ready to start?

10 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Work in progress but moved all my stuff in and up and running 

That looks better – more clutter. All those wide open spaces where making me a little edgy. It feels good moving your stuff into a new space and it looks like you've hit the ground running.

I'm interested to see how you are going to fit that B52 onto your new display area.

On 15/04/2018 at 1:24 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Finally have the new bench and storage assembled. 3.5 years of making do with a bodge job bench and storing stuff in boxes  on the floor or shoving stuff in my wardrobe 

40756906284_e8b24a54b6_b.jpg

40756906664_e17526d6ce_b.jpg

26599060137_c4d20a78bf_b.jpg

Ikea desk set same as mine 👍

On 15/04/2018 at 4:43 PM, Vince1159 said:

A couple of shots of my stash...

You appear to have two Stranraers and two He-115s in there Vince. I think you've invented a new form of feng shui....

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, TheBaron said:

You appear to have two Stranraers and two He-115s in there Vince. I think you've invented a new form of feng shui....

Peace and harmony is the last thing i think of when i see those boxes,the thought of the rigging on the Stranraers brings me out in a cold sweat...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the room back in use. New floor laid, new worktops fitted and various display cabinets and bookshelves moved around. Because this is an old house, the floor slopes, so I've had to chock up the units to get them level. Still a few things to sort out, but it's back in use.  

cc32e128-f9e1-4774-aaf9-4437080aa997.JPG

9bc73662-c24a-407d-8704-4b4aedcb80a9.JPG

74c8393b-e9bc-4202-a4a3-8c8ba8326aff.JPG

c787edd4-d051-43db-9735-716c39577e4c.JPG

John.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Finally got the room back in use. New floor laid, new worktops fitted and various display cabinets and bookshelves moved around. Because this is an old house, the floor slopes, so I've had to chock up the units to get them level. Still a few things to sort out, but it's back in use.  

Now that is a very nice man cave John. A bit OCD for my tastes with all that neat storage and tuperware Having said that, my space did start all neat and ordered, but now, I seem to have lost some sort of war of attrition with it. I particularly like your smart display cabinets to show of your lovely targets tanks. :wink:

• Haha 2

Thanks Gorby. It might be a bit OCD, but I have the memory of a goldfish. If I don't label all of my containers ( they're margarine tubs and Chinese take away tubs, not Tupaware), I can't find a blooming thing. 

" I particularly like your smart display cabinets to show of your lovely targets tanks." Careful! They're all fitted with AA guns.:P

John. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/15/2018 at 4:12 AM, Bullbasket said:

Thanks Gorby. It might be a bit OCD, but I have the memory of a goldfish. If I don't label all of my containers ( they're margarine tubs and Chinese take away tubs, not Tupaware), I can't find a blooming thing. 

" I particularly like your smart display cabinets to show of your lovely targets tanks." Careful! They're all fitted with AA guns.:P

John. 

Envious,John,love the diplay cabinets,I have fence pailings for shelves in my garage,Chinese take-away,at least you can have the memories of what came in them,YUM YUM!!,Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hi Guys,

Here is my cave and some of the stash

20180522_113909

20180522_113900

20180522_114038

20180522_114024

Thanks to Gorby for the pointer to the thread (it would have taken a while for me to find it on my own):banghead:

Yes - it does look a mess and needs a tidy up - but then I would not be able to find a thing (can't now so whats the difference).

All the best

• Like 6

11 hours ago, wekusta said:

Yes - it does look a mess and needs a tidy up - but then I would not be able to find a thing (can't now so whats the difference).

Exactly!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome to Britmodeller @wekusta . I like to think that messy = productive. I try to keep my work space tidy, but I get a bit carried away with the build and by the end it looks like there has been an avalanche.

Looks a good space to work/play – it in the loft?

I don't think that many of the members look at the 'Status Updates' so if you post in there, things can get overlooked.

• Like 2

Gorby,

No, not in a loft. 

We live in an upper maisonette and this is the box room over the staircase. Hence the angled ceiling.

The work area is in quite a messy state as I need to reorganise the paints and sort the stash. Usually, you can see the cutting mat, honest.:whistle:

Several items on the go at the moment hence the chaos - 

Airfix Hurricane Mk1 (1/72)

Bust of Johnnie Johnson (Mitches) - re-undercoated and shaded as was not happy with the original painting.

Italeri Hs 126 (1/72) - this has been restarted in the last few weeks from a model that has been incomplete for the last 15 years at least!

Bullbasket,

Yes, there are several missing items lurking in the mess - currently cannot find a role of fine wire used for brake hoses etc., completely MIA. Must be in a safe place. Would be no different if I had a tidy up - probably worse as more things will be in that safe place!

All the best

• Like 3

Know the feeling well. As you can see from my earlier post, I've completely reorganised my hobby room and put things away in containers, boxes and storage racks. I save the small tin foil cups that individual bakewell tarts or Mr Kipling apple pies come in to use for mixing paint etc. They were always sitting on a shelf, but in the reorganisation, I put them away in a container for safe keeping. Now I can't find them! I'll just have to eat a load more bakewells and apple pies.:cake:

John.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

John,

Yes, will have to make the effort and re-organise as I need the space to lay out other models. Will do so once I complete (or file away) the latest set of models.

Coincidentally, I have a fair supply of mince pie foil cups that I am using for the same purpose (I think I know where mine are...)

Also, due to SWIMBO's desire not to have grey hair I am also custodian of a fair few little containers that came in the dye sets holding latex gloves🧤 - these make perfect containers for mixing paint, holding brush cleaners etc as they can be closed securely (the paint will not dry out for several days).

Seriously, though I do need to tidy up, sort the cache, finish some models etc, etc.....

• Like 1

Well, I suppose I should show you mine, oohh err.

18057158_1327507220630984_76659246368499

17990888_1327507433964296_36647733456004

The entrance to the 'cave', with code entry lock to keep the riff-raff out. Before this cave's completion in April 2017, it was a very cold brick shed with a concrete floor and took a lot of heat to keep warm, on the plus side it did have a window for the spray booth.

18033106_1327508197297553_91823323632217

An almost virginal workbench, a TF-86F 2-Seater Sabre is the subject.

18033076_1327508563964183_75385162082415

The spray booth with a natural light source.

To turn this shed into something that I can tolerate in the depths of winter or height of summer, insulation was the key. The brick walls were battened, 25mm polystyrene sheet added before putting plaster board over the top. Roof insulated. Carpet tiles on the floor. Unfortunately, in my haste, the fitted double-glazed unit didn't have a skylight and made life a little more difficult with the spray booth...ho-hum.

18118545_1327508720630834_28975912468979

18033940_1327508913964148_53272391030249

The Stash.

After a year in the 'improved' cave, what can I say. It works very well, the only thing that I find is it's a pain getting there when it's raining, etc. 

Stuart

• Like 3