Blitzbuild 2017 GB Chat

Been a long time since I did something on BM. As I seem to have a hang for GroupBuilds, and I only have a failure rate of 50%:lol: I find it just in place to participate in the SchnellBau GB for 2017. As usual I'm away from home, work seems to be dragging me around. I managed to take with me a small toolkit and some paint so I will give it a try. The subject for the GB is this:DSC_8475.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

I'd very much liked to participate but I am not just yet up to tolerate sitting or standing sufficient long periods, which means I'm perfectly capable of cheering you up as you go! V-P

Sorry to hear that I hope you feel much better very quickly. 100 years of Finland....I think I'll be changing my Radial Engine GB entry to mark that.
A good start to the GB considering it's only just Saturday afternoon and a reasonable mix of subjects. I'm enjoying it rather more this year I must admit.

On 8/24/2017 at 8:09 PM, CliffB said:

IMG_0783.JPG

If I'd known it could be kittens or kits I know what I'd have chosen... she looks like a proper madam!!! :lol: I'm going to make a start on mine tomorrow morning - too many domestic duties to execute today...

• Like 2

Having seen the magnificent job that H and little H have made of the Meng Kids Lanc I've decided to raid Stix's Stash and have a go at my first ever tank... so it's a head to head with the hubby - this could get serious (well seriously funny!) :wink: 

IMG_9745

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Mrs PlaStix said:

Having seen the magnificent job that H and little H have made of the Meng Kids Lanc I've decided to raid Stix's Stash and have a go at my first ever tank... so it's a head to head with the hubby - this could get serious (well seriously funny!) :wink: 

IMG_9745

That's very kind of you. Funnily enough little H said she wants to build a tank next. Guess I will have to spend a few more pennies online. 

• Like 2

I have been busy with a pup today but not one of Thomas Sopwith's finest machines. We had to have our lovely rescue Roxy put to sleep in May and, a couple of weeks ago, we made the decision to start looking for a replacement. Things have moved along pretty quickly since then as can be seen below.

Meet Molly, an 8 week old Cocker Spaniel. We picked her up last night and as you can imagine today has been a lot of fun.

36654127302_1d705106cc_c.jpg

I am hoping to make a start tomorrow and will be going down the non-superhero route of two 12 hour sessions.

• Like 4

8 weeks old and already got that look that melts anybody's heart. Non-superhero is good here as well. Hope Molly settles in well and quickly. I need to find a successor to Tilly the Supercat who bolted 20 months ago on the way to the vets never to be seen again :(

• Like 1

I am definitely going to have ago at this next year - I never knew how much fun it was.  I'm enjoying this so much that I've abandoned my double 109 build for the weekend to keep up with this.  Keep up the good work guys.

49 minutes ago, BIG X said:

I am definitely going to have ago at this next year - I never knew how much fun it was.  I'm enjoying this so much that I've abandoned my double 109 build for the weekend to keep up with this.  Keep up the good work guys.

Even with a didn't finish last year I really enjoyed it and it helped reinvigorate me for the rest of the year. You (probably) won't regret it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Even with a didn't finish last year I really enjoyed it and it helped reinvigorate me for the rest of the year. You (probably) won't regret it.

Do you think there is any chance of another blitzbuild over the Christmas period - maybe it could be called the 'Donna and BLITZEN BUILD'

I am actually being serious - for once...

...Christmas can be such a bind...

• Like 4

Mrs Bonhoff has elected to get out of the way today by going to IKEA along with her Mother and Daughter, I can consider that as a bullet dodged so rather than the "Superhero" option I'm going for the "16 hour" option interspersed with the usual domestic / Bank Holiday shenannigans.

In this case I've also got a lawn to be mown, the weekly shop and some more scratchbuilding / welding on the 1:1 scale Fiesta project on the drive.

More to follow.

IanJ

• Like 3

I've got to disappear for a while as computer at temp limit. Thank You All for such a Great Group Build, to Enzo for running it so we could all join in as we pleased, and for anybody who's looked in. Try it next year it is most enjoyable and will help if you have mojo issues.

Thank You again.

• Like 2

Last year I managed one Tie Interceptor, this year three builds. Both years have been very enjoyable. 

Big thanks to Enzo for organising and running. Roll on next year. 

• Like 3

That was close!

Didn't bother with putting the Star Wars models in the gallery as they were literally thrown together and Revell had done all the hard work already.

Thanks for the encouragement along the way.

IanJ

• Like 1

Just made it in time, not taken part in a Blitzbuild GB before, great fun but terrorising at the same time !

An amazing variety of builds, and lots of people managed to finish so congratulations to our GB hosts for a job well done.

To echo Ian's point, the encouragement along the way has been first class, thanks very much.

cheers Pat

• Like 2