Jaguar GR3 internal airframe colour

Andy341

Hi All,

I am currently on a roll of producing aircraft of 41 (R) Squadron and am about to commence work on a Kittyhawk GR3 in 1/48.  For years I have painted the internal airframe in yellow, however Kittyhawk indicate that it is interior green as used on US aircraft.  Photos show the colour to be a green with a yellow bias.  Can somebody please advise me as to what the exact, or near as possible, colour to use?

By the way, having looked through the Kittyhawk boxing the moulding is absolutely wonderful with immense detailed panel lines.  I could highly recommended.

Kind regards

Andy

Steve/Max,

Many thanks for your replies.  I will have a look at both yellow and zinc chromate in order to see which looks better.

Kind regards

Andy

37 minutes ago, squezzer said:

Half British...But I agree on the color ;-)

Argh, yes, of course. In my defence, I triggered at the reference to 41 Squadron RAF.

Somewhere in the archives I have slides of Jaguars in various states of repair at RAF Abingdon back in the day; I really must get down to scanning them.

Thanks for the valuable assistance on this subject.

It is funny how your mind plays tricks on you.  A long time ago I had a flight from RAF Northolt to RAF Abingdon in an Andover and we went in a hangar full of ex Indian Air Force Jags in various degrees of strip down and I thought it was a bright yellow.  I stand corrected.  

By the way, have you seen the level of detail and moulding if the Kittyhawk kit?  Well worth looking at.

Andy

• Like 1

On 21/07/2017 at 11:27 PM, Andy341 said:

By the way, have you seen the level of detail and moulding if the Kittyhawk kit?  Well worth looking at.

Andy

Dont set them all off!! Its not a well liked kit as a rule, issues with the pylons, decals, fuel tank, heat exchanger... but takes much less filler than any of the other Jags in 1/48. :)

Just be careful with the engine cover fitment. Seems to be the most troublesome area.

Oh - Humbrol 81 for me for the yellow.

Have fun! ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Dont set them all off!! Its not a well liked kit as a rule, issues with the pylons, decals, fuel tank, heat exchanger... but takes much less filler than any of the other Jags in 1/48. :)

Just be careful with the engine cover fitment. Seems to be the most troublesome area.

Based on the Kitty Hawk kits I have started on, they ALL have fit issues, bad molding, etc. I will still keep plodding along with them, and hopefully succeed in the end.

Larry

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ReccePhreak said:

Based on the Kitty Hawk kits I have started on, they ALL have fit issues, bad molding, etc. I will still keep plodding along with them, and hopefully succeed in the end.

Larry

Ive only ever found Hasegawas Starfighters to just fall together, everything else has needed work. Mistakes aside, I think KH get overly bad press. Jaguar GR1/3 decals being the unforgivable bit, mind.
The Model Alliance MA48122 decal sheet helps no end, with its stencils especially, are very thin and conform really well to a gloss surface with a bit of the old Sol n Set. Just a case of finding the buggers!

• Like 1