Wingnut Wings Albatros D.V/D.Va "Jasta 5" Green Tailed Trilogy Preorders Open

jckspratt1

I've followed Black Mike and how well he seems to be catering for you guys - if only we had similar here! WNW do now have a local agent (no mention of this trio yet), but once they add their margin to WNW kits they become considerably more expensive than direct buying - bearing in mind that we don't have that whole Parcelfarce thing to deal with (and that I struggle to even understand).

I've ordered one boxing, and can't complain at the price for what it promises. I've gone for the slower airmail option, which WNW says will take 2-4 weeks. I bought all of my previous  WNW prior to the Weta disaster, and they were sent the same way in much less time, NZ being so close to us, so I expect they'll arrive sooner rather than later.

Interestingly, every single WNW purchase of mine has been stopped by AQIS and examined for possible biological contents (or words to similar effect, it's been a while). There never are, of course, but I'd love to know what it is that triggers the stop each time.

Edited by jckspratt1

I guess they must consider New Zealand a biological hazard :D or maybe they just like to ogle a nice Wingnuts kit.

Duncan does provide a rather excellent service and price point here in the UK. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

As per the comments of Marty, Duncan is also my 'go to' dealer for my WNW fix!

Why buy elsewhere when you have a 100% solid bloke to get the kits for you as quickly AND as cheaply as possible?

Gary

• Like 2

The Jasta 5 release is going to be in very limited numbers apparently. My Distributor has been told that they will not get all the stock they have ordered. This is why I have not opened them up for pre-orders on my Website as I am unsure if I will get all the stock I have ordered from the Distributor (trouble flows downhill does it not) so do not want to over sell. 

I have offered my most regular WnW customers first option to buy and will have to wait to see how many more of the kits I can get before being able to open them up for general sales. I know this will be a big disappointment for some folk however it would be a lot worse if I were to take orders that I would not be able to fulfil and those folk then missed out on the opportunity to get the kit from another supplier. If I am able to get more of the kits then I will be shouting it loud from the rooftops so let's see how many turn up.

(for those who have been offered and have accepted, the invoices will be winging their way to you once I get notification of the kits heading my way).

Duncan B

BlackMike Models

• Like 3

Well Duncan, you really do seem to offer your UK customers excellent service. I wish you and your business all the best - you appear to deserve it.

I didn't know that this boxing was going to be 'limited', so I'm glad I ordered mine when I did - I tend to prevaricate on WNW lately, because I never actually do anything with them when I get them.

• Like 2

Given their limited availability and high quality they do seem to also form treasured possessions/investments. I am guessing more Wingnuts are held in stashes and admired than are actually built. Not many come up on Fleabay or in second hand kit lists here in the UK, second hand prices are generally little lower than New prices on commercially available kits and 'sold out' kits command considerably higher prices. 

19 hours ago, jckspratt1 said:

Well Duncan, you really do seem to offer your UK customers excellent service. I wish you and your business all the best - you appear to deserve it.

I didn't know that this boxing was going to be 'limited', so I'm glad I ordered mine when I did - I tend to prevaricate on WNW lately, because I never actually do anything with them when I get them.

Thanks for your best wishes, being a very small Enterprise I have to focus on the Customers and put them first. With this particular kit I always knew that I would probably not get them in the numbers that I would have wanted so had to make a choice whether to just make it first come, first served or to look after the guys who have become regulars.  These fine folks have put their faith in me to supply them with WnW kits and have returned time and again for more so I felt an obligation to give them first refusal.

As I said above if I can get more then I will happily open them up to general sales

Duncan B

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I got this triptych last week from my LMS which is great! At the price I paid for it it cost £53 for each kit which is a very good price for all you get in the box.  

• Like 1

Just got a message from Duncan. He says that the kits should be with him next week. Apparently they got held up at customs in Germany and various other business teething problems have tied the poor chap up, hence the radio silence. Invoices should apparently be going out to all interested parties as soon as arrival date is confirmed. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Not heard from Duncan about the kits myself. He seems to have gone AWOL. I've placed an order elsewhere.

Not AWOL just been busy with stuff unfortunately (was off line getting ready for the Dundee Show at the same time as trying to get Arnold Clark to deliver my new van!).

My Jasta 5 kits will be with me next week, apparently they have been stuck in Customs in Germany for some reason. 

I do intend to e mail everyone who is waiting but haven't got round to it yet due to unpacking the Dundee stuff and now getting ready to take number one Son back to Glasgow tomorrow, phew this life stuff doesn't half get in the way of what's important :)

Duncan B

• Like 2

I'm on holiday this week so it will be a bit quiet from me, nothing suspicious in that (will still be dealing with orders once a day but won't be sitting at the computer all day every day) but I will let you know when I have more news of the Jasta5.

Duncan B

Finally I've had confirmation that my order has been dispatched by my Distributor :party:.

Those who have pre-ordered should have received their invoices this morning (check your Spam or Junk folders if you haven't seen it).

I have removed the kit temporarily from the website to allow the pre-orders to be processed but will open the remaining Jasta 5 kits up for general sales once these have been fulfilled. My Distributor has already sold out their stock on day one so it does look likely that these kits will sell out very quickly.

Duncan B

Mods, if this post is inappropriate for this thread please remove it