Linking problems with Village Photos.

It appears that I'm not alone in this as there are at least three other people having the same problem. It doesn't appear (at the moment anyway) that this is the same problem as was had with Photobucket, as all of my photos are still on here and there has been no contact from VP, demanding money. I can't find any chatter on line with regards to this and there's nothing on their site. As I said in the post on FAQ's, when I joined BM back in September last year, I had this problem when I tried to post photos of a build in RFI, and it was never resolved. The thread still has just url's in it, so I am at a loss as to what the problem is. Anyone??

John.

Try posting one here John, or linking to one that's not working.  That might give us some clues.  Also, reboot your router & device, just in case it's your end where the problem is.  The rest of the world might still be able to see them, so might not see the problem :)

I've actually rebooted a couple of times as this first occurred yesterday. This first url is the one that first showed there to be a problem.

http://village.photos/images/user//images/user/f37a6279-d75a-4f21-b22c-a31fe5b275fc/c6d4cca6-8712-41e2-959f-c04d80a9fe39.JPG

The second one is an image which is already on my wip.

http://village.photos/images/user//images/user/f37a6279-d75a-4f21-b22c-a31fe5b275fc/25c4c972-c0d8-4ef8-b171-a0716899d23c.JPG

John.

• 2 weeks later...

Gorby, I should have a look at the 'Idiots Guide' too as I am experiencing the same problem as Bullbasket:

I see the links from VillagePhotos, but no pictures are showing.

Where can I find the thread -?

Was looking around but didn't see it.

Thanks....Roman

1 hour ago, Roman Schilhart said:

Gorby, I should have a look at the 'Idiots Guide' too as I am experiencing the same problem as Bullbasket:

I see the links from VillagePhotos, but no pictures are showing.

Where can I find the thread -?

Was looking around but didn't see it.

Thanks....Roman

Hi Roman,

I'll have a go to see if it will work for me....

http://village.photos/images/user/23364c14-f24b-44bb-82c5-c0898ae84808/71cc2fa2-6cd2-4fbe-90fc-12e71d2962cb.png

Your right it doesn't seem to be working at the moment - I don't know if it is something to do with the site update that has just happened.

Minion.png -

The method I found that I mentioned above does work, but it reduces the quality and size of the image, so if you want to post photos of your models it may be best to see if the problem can be sorted out first.

If you go to the album page (the album that contains your photo) and just right-click on the photo and select 'copy image address', then just paste it into your post.

I don't know if @Bullbasket has any ideas on this.

Incidentally, if you need a particular member to see your comment if you just type @  then type the members name and that will notify to person in question.

Gorby

37e14aa5-94e9-493e-871c-16277add26e9.jpg

I just tried to upload a photo of my ol' mate Jasper, and it worked OK for me, so I can't be of much help other than to say make sure the url is completely highlighted in black before copying.

John.

16 hours ago, Gorby said:

@Roman Schilhart are you still having problems with it?

I'm not sure if it is connected, but it started again after I cleared the cache on my browser. It may have been a coincidence. 

Gorby

Thanks Gorby, I have sorted out the issue with the help of Mike, the administrator.

The trick is to add the photos using Insert Image From URL!

Greetings, Roman

• Like 1