SAAB A 32A Lansen with RB04 Missiles (Helller 1/72)

Built as part of a 60th Heller Anniversary group build over on HyperScale's 1/72 GB forum. It's a well-engineered kit, but I made the build a bit drawn out by scratch-building the rather complex missile pylons and converting some RB304 prototype missiles from an old Hasegawa Viggen to the in-service RB04 examples. I also replaced lost raised detail using Archer Fine Transfers' resin panel line decals for the first time.

jNIA0re.jpg

fokzB23.jpg

uJILbKl.jpg

U9BNiDv.jpg

X0RjEzT.jpg

Here're the pylons and missiles in progress:

aX7ai3s.jpg

SjJXb7R.jpg

D2iPvhb.jpg

HZGl7g2.jpg

And here's the same kit I built ages ago, re-scribed and converted to a J 32B with scratch-built air-brakes, cannon troughs, and afterburner.

f4SAAse.jpg

jlo3xGH.jpg

N405xyv.jpg

• Like 41

Wow, those are really nice.  You've done a wonderful job on these old kits.  The Lansen was a good looking aeroplane.  The in-flight pose really brings out those lines.

You aren't wrong, just my way to the 'man cave' - there's an Alpha Jet and an M18 Hellcat waiting for me out there - and yes its pi**ing-down here too !! (will drop you a PM in a min).

Ian.

2 hours ago, glatisant said:

Great stuff! Finally got my hands on a Heller Lansen.Your builds have given me some good ideas.I love the RB04's.Will have to copy that!! 

Thanks. Check out this link and scroll down to the post titled "04 Pylon and stuff" by Lars B, you'll find handy drawings and a Drop Box link to some excellent scale plans and drawings he prepared for the missiles and their pylons:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/644810/thread/1496204406/last-1496329851/(View+All+Messages+in+this+Thread)

16 hours ago, exdraken said:

What a brute, but nice plane!

I like your work on the misiles!

Thanks, most of the changes to make them more closely resemble an RB04 are hidden under the wings.