1/72 Hasegawa F-4 Jolly Rogers

This a project that lasted quite more than i expected, because of many parallel builds. Finally it went through a few months ago and recently i managed to take some decent photos. I hope you like it!

IMGP6106.jpg

IMGP6107.jpg

IMGP6108.jpg

IMGP6109.jpg

IMGP6110.jpg

IMGP6111.jpg

IMGP6112.jpg

IMGP6115.jpg

IMGP6116.jpg

IMGP6117.jpg

IMGP6118.jpg

IMGP6124.jpg

Edited by sandros
  • Like 52

A real pleasure reviewing your build. I very much liked the subtle panel colour alterations on the upper fuselage and wings, and the underside did not disappoint with some appropriately coloured and positioned oil streaking, and the colour variation to the rear fuselage heat shielding shows that you know a thing or two about Phantoms. Well done. 10 out of 10 for a 1/72 build.

• Like 1

VERY nice indeed ! By coincidence I photographed this very airplane when it diverted into Decimommanu while i was on APC with 17 squadron in 1972 ( or 73 ! ) It was joined by another F-4 the next day and departed soon after. can't remember what the issue was, but I was impressed with the cool colour scheme, and the aircrew were well looked after by us !

Unfortunately Photobucket will not allow posting pics unless you pay a ridiculous fee, so i can't post the pic, but if you want it just pm me.  :cheers:

• Like 2

Absolutely superb and very inspiring!

Loving the varied tones of the panels and markings.

Don't have an F4 Phantom in my stash, but have often thought about it.

Your excellent build makes me want to get one!

:clap2:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Starfighter said:

VERY nice indeed ! By coincidence I photographed this very airplane when it diverted into Decimommanu while i was on APC with 17 squadron in 1972 ( or 73 ! ) It was joined by another F-4 the next day and departed soon after. can't remember what the issue was, but I was impressed with the cool colour scheme, and the aircrew were well looked after by us !

Unfortunately Photobucket will not allow posting pics unless you pay a ridiculous fee, so i can't post the pic, but if you want it just pm me.  :cheers:

Hello Starfighter,

I'm interested too in seeing your photo,  currently buying 2 Jolly Rogers Phantoms.

If you look at the forum, there is a trick to pick your photos back up.

And doing what a lot of guys have done..

I use Flickr for the while at least.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

Hello,Sandros - Welcome to the Forum. What a welcome sight this magnificent looking 'Phantom' makes. I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work and commend the weathering which portrays a busy jet that's working had for her living.Phine work indeed.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1