Hi From Warrington

BluesModeller

Hi folks... Finally decided to join after admiring many of the builds on here the past few months and also for the great advice.

Got into modelling for a short while when I was younger but I bit off more than I could chew at the time with a Titanic model.  It went in the bin as far as I remember... :(

For the past 20 years my main hobby ( And at times, profession) has been guitar playing.  A young son (Now nearly 2) has really put that on the back burner lately so I decided I needed a new hobby....

Had the Revell 1/400 100 Year Ani kit on top of the wardrobe after picking it up cheap a few years back.  Decided to give it a go and I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

I'll post a build thread soon (Once I've uploaded photos somewhere).  I'm pretty far on in the build but still a long way to go.

Also have the Revell Airbus A380 and A319 at 1/144 in my stash and I'm hoping to get the 1/400 Queen Mary 2, though it's hard to get hold of.

Looking forward to being a member.

Cheers!

Edited by BluesModeller
Spelling
  • Like 3

Howdy neighbour :cowboy: Guitars and modelling seem to be a common thing with a lot of the guys, as does modelling and cycling.  I used to be one of the latter until I had to give it up, but it must be something in common about our make-up.  I wish I knew a bit more about why we often have similar hobbies to eachother.  We're perhaps not the individual little snowflakes we like to think we are :lol: Sorry if that was a bit deep for a Tuesday evening :blush:

• Like 1

Hi BluesModeller,

Good to see you. I'm a newbie too and have also come back into the hobby after a long 'rest'. I can't believe how talented and knowledgeable these folk are,and how modelling has advanced since I last opened a tin of Humbrol. It's quite amazing.

I'll try to add a few photos of my first new build too as and when...

Thanks for the welcome guys!

hopefully I'll get some build photos up to Flickr tomorrow.  Was going to do it today but the laptop decided it needed updating....  It crawls now with windows 10 and doing it from my tablet or phone is an excercise in frustration.   Ahhh... Modern technology!

Funny you should mention cycling...  That used to be a passion too.  Still got a nice mountain bike in the garage but I need some new wheels...  And to lose a bit of weight!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/08/2017 at 21:42, woody37 said:

Great to see someone else from Warrington, I'm in Birchwood. Can't play the guitar to save my life, but love listening to them!

where abouts in Warrington are you?

cheers

neil

Completely missed these replies... Summer holidays mean I don't have a spare minute!

Neil, I'm in Penketh, right on the edge of town.  Used to work in Birchwood a long time ago.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2017 at 18:39, LostCosmonauts said:

There does seem to be a lot of variation on a theme in the make up of site members (says he tocking every stereotype box with 3 bikes, half a dozen or so guitars and a lot of injection moulded polystyrene)

Just the one bike... But my 'man cave' is getting cramped with the music equipment and a load of giant boxes filled with plastic.  All piled up against the radiator...  Should probably move it before it gets turned on in a few weeks, lol!