Best Bandai Star Wars kit

I do not build figure kits- Bandai does make some impressive ones but they are just not my thing.

The 1:48 X-Wing is wonderful- very well engineered and you can detach it from the base which lights/controls it and display it separately. If they made a less expensive one without the SFX I would buy it again.

The 1:144 Falcon is spectacular. I never thought you could get that much detail into a kit that scale and if you get some of TonyRR/308 Bits Shapeways replacement parts you can create a replica that is as perfect as you can get until you buy their newest 1:72 Falcon.

I the 1:72 scale you like, the Special Forces-New Order TIE is a great kit- the cockpit itself has more detail than some complete kits. It is a shame you can't see it more when the kit is finished, but you can go with the no-glass window option and add an interior light- I am also painting mine some non-standard colors to highlight some of the best parts.

Seriously, just about any 1:72 Bandai kit is a winner- they are wonderful kits...

my personal favourite is the sandtrooper.  Same kit as the stormtrooper but with the minor differences plus the backpack. Or there's the A-wing as that has a death star gun tower in it.

5 hours ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

Thanks for all the tips. I'm thinking of the 1/144 U-wing, is that good? If not I'm getting the Tie Fighter

I just built the U-wing - I think it's a fantastic little kit. You can see my gallery thread here.  You get the TIE Striker and two hover tanks along with it, of course - I wish there was an option for just the U-Wing, but it is what it is.  It's got Bandai's usual excellent detail, and there are lots of possibilities for painting it in interesting ways. 

3 hours ago, monsterpartyhat said:

I just built the U-wing - I think it's a fantastic little kit. You can see my gallery thread here.  You get the TIE Striker and two hover tanks along with it, of course - I wish there was an option for just the U-Wing, but it is what it is.  It's got Bandai's usual excellent detail, and there are lots of possibilities for painting it in interesting ways. 

Looks great! By the way do you know where to get the markings for a blue squadron x-wing?

I'm going to say of the kits I've built so far the ones I've enjoyed the most are the various trooper figures.  The one I would not recommend to start with is the Y-wing, all those small pipe parts, what a nightmare to get in. Be prepared for breakages.

Edited by andygif290368

3 hours ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

Looks great! By the way do you know where to get the markings for a blue squadron x-wing?

Nicholas Sagan, who's mastered so many great Star Wars resin kits, sells them on eBay as seller aackbar01, for the Bandai in 1:144, 1:72, and 1:48. I have a set, even though I ended up masking and painting my tiny Blue Leader because I'm a masochist or something. Highly recommended. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, monsterpartyhat said:

Nicholas Sagan, who's mastered so many great Star Wars resin kits, sells them on eBay as seller aackbar01, for the Bandai in 1:144, 1:72, and 1:48. I have a set, even though I ended up masking and painting my tiny Blue Leader because I'm a masochist or something. Highly recommended. 

Cool, I'm gonna make a Scarif Diorama. Only problem is that I don't know where to get induvidual 1/144 X-wings (Bandai bundles them with the 1/72 X-wing)

• 4 weeks later...